- 16 Aug 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Microsoft AD - Add Assets to Group
- Updated on 16 Aug 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Microsoft AD - Add Assets to Group adds the assets retrieved matching the parameters of the saved query (or assets that have been selected in the asset table) to an Active Directory group.
See Creating Enforcement Sets to learn more about adding Enforcement Actions to Enforcement Sets.
- Enforcement Set name (required) - The name of the Enforcement Set. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Add description - Click to add a description of the Enforcement Set. It is recommended to describe what the Enforcement Set does.
- Run action on assets matching following query (required) - Select an asset category and a query. The Enforcement Action will be run on the assets that match the query parameters.
- A query only returns results for the asset type it was created for.
- Not all asset categories are supported for all Enforcement Actions.
- See Actions supported for Activity Logs, Adapter Fetch History and Asset Investigation Modules
- See Actions supported for Vulnerabilities.
- See Actions supported for Software.
- Action name (required) - The name of the Main action. A default value is added by Axonius. You can change the name according to your needs.
- Configure Dynamic Values - Toggle on to enter a Dynamic Value statement. See Creating Enforcement Action Dynamic Value Statements to learn more about Dynamic Value statement syntax.
These fields must be configured to run the Enforcement Set.
- Use stored credentials from the Active Directory adapter - Select this option to use the first connected Active Directory adapter credentials.
- Group Distinguished Name (DN) - The name of the group to which to add the users.
Instance Name - The Axonius node to use when connecting to the specified host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
These fields are optional.
- User Name and Password - The credentials for a user account that has the permissions to fetch assets.
Axonius must be able to communicate with the value supplied in DC Address via the following ports:
- TCP/UDP port 389.
If you choose to use the stored credentials from the adapter then refer to Required Ports for information about all additional ports required.
The value supplied in User name must have permission to modify the group listed,
For more details about other Enforcement Actions available, see Action Library.