- 1 minute to read
The VMware ESXi adapter fetches information about virtual devices and ESX hosts through the VCenter HTTP API.
## Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Host (required) - host name of the vCenter panel.
- User Name and Password (required) - A user with read-only rights to the panel. It is recommended to test the user’s credentials in the VCenter panel before using them in the adapter.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If the SSL certificate can not be validated against the CA database inside of Axonius, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
- Fetch only turned on machines (required, default: False)
- If enabled, all connections for this adapter will only fetch ESXi devices in which their power state is turned on.
- If disabled, all connections for this adapter will fetch all ESXi devices, regardless of their power state.
Creating a User in vCenter
1. Log in to vCenter as an administrator.
2. Click Menu → Administration.
3. Click Users & Groups. Pick your domain from the Domain box and click 'Add User'.
4. Fill in the relevant details.
5. Click 'Global Permissions', then add a 'Read-only' permission to the created user.
Select the 'Propagate to children' checkbox.
6. Use the newly created user in Axonius (do note that the username is user@domain)
This adapter has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Please contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed and it is not functioning as expected.
|VMWare Versions 6.0 - 7.0||Yes|