- 1 minute to read
The VMware ESXi adapter fetches information about virtual devices and ESX hosts through the VCenter HTTP API.
The VMware ESXi adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Host – host name of the vCenter panel.
- User Name and Password - A user with read-only rights to the panel. It is recommended to test the user’s credentials in the VCenter panel before using them in the adapter.
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
To create a user:
1. Log in to vCenter as an administrator.
2. Click Menu → Administration.
3. Click Users & Groups. Pick your domain from the Domain box and click 'Add User'.
4. Fill in the relevant details.
5. Click 'Global Permissions', then add a 'Read-only' permission to the created user.
select the 'Propagate to children' checkbox.
6. Use the newly created user in Axonius (do note that the username is user@domain)