- 2 minutes to read
The VMware ESXi adapter fetches information about virtual devices and ESX hosts through the VCenter HTTP API.
- Host (required) - host name of the vCenter panel.
- User Name and Password (required) - A user with read-only rights to the panel. It is recommended to test the user’s credentials in the VCenter panel before using them in the adapter.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the host supplied in Host. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If it fails validation, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- Choose Instance (required, default: 'Master') - The Axonius node to utilize when connecting to Host. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
- Connection Label (optional, default: empty) - An optional label to help distinguish between multiple connections for the same adapter. This label will be concatenated to the relevant Adapter Name in the Device/User Profile page and the full text will be visible when hovering over the Adapters column in the Devices/Users pages.
- If supplied, the label will be appended to the adapter name.
- If not supplied, only the adapter name will be displayed.
Creating a User in vCenter
1. Log in to vCenter as an administrator.
2. Click Menu → Administration.
3. Click Users & Groups. Pick your domain from the Domain box and click 'Add User'.
4. Fill in the relevant details.
5. Click 'Global Permissions', then add a 'Read-only' permission to the created user.
Select the 'Propagate to children' checkbox.
6. Use the newly created user in Axonius (do note that the username is user@domain)
Configuring VMware ESXi Advanced Settings
To configure the VMware ESXi adapter advanced settings, open the VMware ESXi adapter page, click Advanced Settings, and then click the VMware ESXi Configuration tab:
- Fetch only turned on machines (required, default: False)
- If enabled, all connections for this adapter will only fetch ESXi devices in which their power state is turned on.
- If disabled, all connections for this adapter will fetch all ESXi devices, regardless of their power state.