Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- 2 minutes to read
Microsoft Active Directory (AD) is a directory service for Windows domain networks that authenticates and authorizes all users and computers.
- DC Address (required) - The address of the Domain Controller (DC). Can be either IP or a valid DNS name.
- User Name and Password (required) - A user with regular LDAP query rights and its password. The user name should be in the form: DOMAIN\USERNAME. Please note that the prefix is case sensitive.
- DNS Address (optional, default: False) - By default we assume that the DC server is also a DNS server. This is not the case if the user specifies another DNS server for this Active Directory.
- Alternative DNS Suffix (optional, default: False) - Replace the device original DNS suffix for DNS resolving. For example, if the device name is windows8.acme.corp , and the Alternative DNS Suffix defined is 'acme-corp.lan', DNS resolving will be done for windows8.acme-corp.lan.
- Use SSL for connection (optional, default: Unencrypted) - Use SLDAP (LDAP over SSL).
- CA File (optional)* - If you choose to use SLDAP (LDAP over SSL), you need to add SSL certificates (CA File) to the credentials.
- Do Not Fetch Users (optional, default: False)* - Select this option if you do not want to fetch users.
- Fetch Disabled Devices and Fetch Disabled Users (optional, default: False) - Select to fetch disabled devices or users. By default, Axonius fetches only enabled devices and users.
- Connect to Global Catalog (GC) (optional, default: False)* - Select this option if the configured DC has a Global Catalog role.
- Organizational units whitelist (optional) - Set one or more OUs so Axonius will fetch entities that reside only in the listed organizational units. Each item in the list should represent an 'OU' value of the desired OU DN. For example, for OU DN ("OU=Ireland Office,DC=acme,DC=corp"), specify 'Ireland Office'.
- Choose Instance (required, default: 'Master') - The Axonius node to utilize when connecting to Active Directory Domain. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
Configuring Microsoft Active Directory (AD) Advanced Settings
To configure the Microsoft Active Directory (AD) adapter advanced settings, open the Microsoft Active Directory (AD) adapter screen, click Advanced Settings, and then click the Microsoft Active Directory Configuration tab:
- Enable IP Resolving (Required, default: True) -When enabled, Axonius will try to find the IP of the fetched AD entities using three entities (the dns configured on the machine, the dns supplied in the creds, and the AD DC itself)
- Max parallel DNS queries (Optional, default: 1000) - This field limits the number of parallel DNS queries.
- Show verbose notifications about connection failures (Optional, default: False) - If enabled, shows verbose notifications about auth failures.
- Fetch Users Image (Required, default: True) - This field fetches the users images.
- Get nested group membership for each user (Required, default: True) - This field gets the group membership for each user.
- LDAP pagination (entries per page) (Required, default: 900) - How much entities to fetch in each LDAP request.
- LDAP socket connection timeout (seconds) (Required, default: 10) -The maximum socket connection timeout.
- LDAP socket receive timeout (seconds) (Required, default: 120) - The maximum socket receive timeout.
- Devices to exclude by objectCategory (Optional) - This field allows you to add input in order to exclude devices that have a specific AD objectCategory.
- LDAP fields to exclude (Optional) - This field allows you to set one or more inputs to exclude from the data.