Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- 1 minute to read
The Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) adapter uses SQL to fetch information about devices.
The Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- SCCM/MSSQL Server - The DNS / IP Address of the Microsoft SQL Server your SCCM instance is using (SCCM and Microsoft SQL Server instances may be installed on the same server).
- Port (Optional).
- Database - The name of the database inside the SQL Server (Usually starts with "CM_").
- User Name & Password - User name and password with read permissions for this DB. The best practice is to create a designated user for Axonius usage.
- Choose Insance - if you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
To connect to the SQL Server to create such a user, you can use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. If you don't have it on your local machine, you can probably find it on the machine the SQL Server is installed on.
After connecting to the server, you should do the following:
- In case you don't have the name of your database, expand the Databases folder which shows all the databases in this server. Your database should appear here, starting with "CM_".
- Navigate to the Security folder and expand it. Right-click the Logins folder and choose New Login.
- After choosing New Login, create a user using "SQL Server Authentication". Fill in the details and select your database from the Default Database List.
4.Navigate to the User Mapping page, and check the check box for the database that your login can access. In the Database role membership list, leave the default option public selected, and select the db_datareader check box.
- Click OK and create the user.
- Reconnect with the new user to validate that it was indeed created (File -> Connect Object Explorer)
- Fill all required fields in the adapter configuration, click save and the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) adapter is configured.