Palo Alto Traps Endpoint Security Manager
- 1 Minute To Read
Palo Alto Traps Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) delivers endpoint protection to prevent advanced persistent threats (APTs) and zero-day attacks.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- MSSQL Server (required) - The DNS / IP Address of the Microsoft SQL Server your Palo Alto Traps Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) instance is using.
- Port (optional, default: 2153) - The port used for the connection.
- Database Name (required, default: TRAPSDB) - The name of the database inside the SQL Server.
- User Name (required) - A user name that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
- Password (required) - The user's password. The password must not include ";".
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
- SQL pagination (required, default: 1000) - Set the number of results per page received for a given SQL query, to gain better control on the performance of all connections of for this adapter.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
The value supplied in User Name must have read access to devices.
- The best practice is to create a dedicated SQL local user for Axonius usage. For details, see Creating a Local Read-Only User for Microsoft SQL Server.
- If you are using a domain user, specify the domain and the user name in the following format: domain\username.
- "Login failed" - If you are using a domain user, in the User Name field, specify the domain and the user name in the following format: domain\username.