- 2 minutes to read
Infoblox DDI consolidates DNS, DHCP, IP address management, and other core network services into a single platform, managed from a common console.
- Infoblox Domain (required) - The domain of the Infoblox Admin panel.
- User Name and Password (required) - A user with appropriate permissions to the panel. For more details, see Creating an Axonius User in the Infoblox Panel.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the host supplied in Infoblox Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If it fails validation, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- Use API version 2.5 (required, default: False) - The Infoblox wAPI version Axonius uses.
- If enabled, Axonius uses the Infoblox wAPI version 2.5.
- If disabled, Axonius uses the Infoblox wAPI version 2.2.
- Choose Instance (required, default: 'Master') - The Axonius node to utilize when connecting to Infoblox Domain. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
Creating an Axonius User in the Infoblox Panel
To create such a user, go to the Infoblox panel.
- Login to Infoblox as an administrator, click "Administration" -> "Roles":
- Click the plus sign on the right part of the screen to add a new role.
- Give this role an indicative name, and press next. In the "Extensible Attributes" screen, press next again, then click "Save & Add Permissions".
4. In the permissions screen, click the plus sign to add permissions to the role we just created.
Axonius needs read-only permissions to the following things, select them and click "Save & Close".
- Navigate to "Groups" and click the plus sign to create a new group.
- Give this group an indicative name, and press next.
- Select the "API" checkbox to allow this group API access, and click the plus sign to add a role to it.
- Navigate to "Custom Roles" and click the role we just created.
- You should now see the role in the roles list. Make sure "API" is checked and click Save & Close.
10. Click the group we just created and then click the plus sign to create a new user. Fill in the details and click Save & Close.
Configuring Infoblox DDI Advanced Settings
To configure the Infoblox DDI adapter advanced settings, open the Infoblox DDI Adapter screen, click Advanced Settings, and then click the Infoblox Configuration tab:
- CIDR exclude list - Specify a comma-separated list CIDR blocks (for example: 192.168.20.0/24,192.168.30.0/24).
- If supplied, all connections for this adapter will not collect devices with an IP address that is in the range of any of the comma-separated list of CIDR blocks that have been defined in this field.
- The default value for this field is empty.