- 14 Nov 2022
- 6 Minutes to read
Setting Page Columns Display
- Updated on 14 Nov 2022
- 6 Minutes to read
Your system comes with a set of pre-defined columns in each asset table. You can edit this predefined set and configure which columns are displayed on the page. Drag columns in the table to reset the order of the columns that are displayed. When you export tables to CSV files, the columns in the CSV file are ordered like in the table.
The column view is set on each asset page separately and displays columns appropriate for that asset. Once you arrange the columns as you like, you can save the columns as your own default view.
Changing Columns Displayed
To change the displayed columns:
- Click Edit Columns and from the drop-down menu select Edit Columns:
- To add columns to the page, select the required columns in the Available Columns list and then click Add.
- To remove columns from the page, select the required columns in the Displayed Columns list and then click Remove.
- Click Reset to cancel changes any changes you made to the column display, and return to the default view
- Click Save as User Default to save the selected columns as your default view. The selected columns are then displayed by default every time you open the page.
- Click Done when you have finished your configuration. If you do not save this view as the default view, then the configuration will not be saved as your default.
Use the following additional options from the Edit Columns menu:
To reset to your default view:
Click Edit Columns and select Reset Columns to User Default to restore your default column view.
To reset to the System Default view:
Click Edit Columns and select Reset Columns to System Default. The System Default columns are restored
- Edit System Default - This option enables to control the system default column view and also the user default column view for new users.
Edit System Search Default - Set the columns that will be displayed in the system searches. Refer to Free Text Search in Table
You can also reset the view from the Devices/Users page.
Click Reset next to the saved query name to reset the Devices/Users page to the user default column view with no filtering and display all devices/users.
Freezing the Columns Displayed
You can freeze the columns displayed on the Assets pages.
Freezing Columns from an Asset Page
- To freeze the columns displayed, mouse over a column heading, the lock icon is displayed
Click the icon on a column to freeze all the columns up to and including the selected column.
Mouse over again to display the unlock icon and unfreeze.
By default the Adapter Connections column is always displayed (frozen) when you scroll horizontally.
Freezing Columns using Edit Columns
You can also freeze the column display using the Edit Columns dialog.
Any columns that are frozen are displayed at the top of the Displayed Columns pane, in a shaded area.
- Click Edit Columns and from the drop-down menu select Edit Columns.
- Drag the field that you want to set to lock near to the top of the Displayed Column pane.
- Mouse over the column name to see the lock/unlock icon.
- Click the icon to set the column name to be locked. The column, and all of the columns listed above are then frozen.
- Click Done. If you have chosen too many columns the system informs you that you have chosen too many columns to properly display the Asset Table. You should either change your screen resolution, or select fewer columns.
- Use the unlock icon to unfreeze.
Refining the Data Displayed in Table Columns and Rows
You can use complex expressions to refine the display in the Device and User pages in order to be able to zoom in on precisely the information that interests you to see. You can use the following sorts of data refinement
- Refine field values by condition
- Refine field values by adapter connection
- Refine Asset entities by condition
- Refine Asset entities by adapter connection
Data refinement does not impact the 'Count' of the results, only the results that are displayed.
On the right of each field, click to open the Refine Data Display dialog.
Once you configure data refinement:
- This sets the columns and rows displayed in the queries you create.
- This sets the way CSV export is displayed, including report or enforcement actions that export data as CSV files.
Data refinement is currently not supported for vulnerabilities.
Refine Field Values by Condition
You can use complex expressions to create sophisticated filters to refine the display and search for specific values to be displayed in each table column on the page, including multi-field columns. Open the Field values - refine by condition pane. This acts as a sophisticated column filter. Use the parameters below to set conditions as required.
Each row in the Field values - refine by condition pane is a filter expression that consists of the following elements:
- AND / OR switch
- NOT Flag
- Field drop-down
- Operator drop-down
- Value field
- Parentheses controls
Refer to the Query Wizard for detailed explanations of each field and the parameters it can contain.
Note the following: Field Name Drop-Down The field name drop-down shows the column on which you are filtering. The options available depend on the column on which you are filtering. If this is a complex field, all of the values that are part of the complex field are displayed and you can choose the field by which to filter. If for instance, you filter on the Installed Software column, the field drop-down contains a range of possible values to filter by.
When complex filters are defined, Axonius will display only values that match the complete filter.
Refining Field Values by Adapter Connection
You can configure the system to not show values from a specific adapter connection, that is from specific adapters or from connections for a defined adapter, in a selected column. Only values from adapters which are not excluded will be displayed in that column.
- Open Field values - refine by adapter connection.
- Click in the Exclude values from adapter connections field; all adapters connected and their connections are displayed.
Start typing to search for a specific adapter or connection name, then select the adapter or connection that you want to exclude values from.
Click next to the adapter to choose all connections for the adapter; or choose specific connections.
Choose as many adapters or connections as required and click in the Refine Data Display dialog to close this drop-down..
Use Select All or Clear All to change your selections.
Refining Asset Entities by Condition
Use Asset entities - refine by condition to refine the contents of the asset entity that are displayed according to the rows, for instance, you can hide a row, an asset entity, which contains a Software Version with a specific value.
- Open Asset entities - refine by condition
- Create a filter as explained in Refine Field Values by Condition
Refining Asset Entities by Adapter Connection
Use Asset entities - refine by adapter connection to not show asset entities from a specific adapter connection, that is from specific adapters or from connections for a defined adapter,
In this way you can hide a row, an asset entity, if it comes from a specific adapter, or adapter connection. A device without any asset entities might be completely hidden.
- Open Asset entities - refine by adapter connection
- Create a filter as explained in Refining Field Values by Adapter Connection.