- 1 minute to read
ServiceNow provides service management software as a service, including IT services management (ITSM), IT operations management (ITOM) and IT business management (ITBM).
The ServiceNow adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- ServiceNow Domain – URL for the ServiceNow admin panel
- User Name and Password - To connect to ServiceNow, you will need to create a user with action-privileges
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional) – Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
Creating a User with Action-Privileges through the Admin Panel
- As an administrator, log into the admin panel and go to the User Administration panel.
2. Click "Users" and then "New". Fill in the details for this user
- Create the user and then search for it in the users screen, to configure it. Click "Edit" to edit the user's attached roles
- Assign the "itil", "rest_api_explorer", "web_service_admin" roles and then click "Save" and finally "Update" to save the user.
You can also enable Axonius to integrate with ServiceNow to create incidents directly from Axonius. To do this, go to Settings -> Global Settings and select "Use ServiceNow" and "Use ServiceNow Adapter".
Fill all required fields in the adapter configuration, click save and the ServiceNow adapter is configured.