- 2 minutes to read
ServiceNow provides service management software as a service, including IT services management (ITSM), IT operations management (ITOM) and IT business management (ITBM).
The ServiceNow adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- ServiceNow Domain – URL for the ServiceNow admin panel.
- User Name and Password - To connect to ServiceNow, you will need to create a user with action-privileges.
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional) – Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
Creating a User with Action-Privileges through the Admin Panel
- As an administrator, log into the ServiceNow admin panel and go to the User Administration panel.
2. Click "Users" and then "New". Fill in the details for this user.
- Create the user and then search for it in the users screen, to configure it. Click "Edit" to edit the user's attached roles.
- Assign the "itil", "rest_api_explorer", "web_service_admin" roles and then click "Save" and finally "Update" to save the user.
Configuring ServiceNow Advanced Settings
To configure the ServiceNow adapter advanced settings, open the ServiceNow Adapter Screen, click Advanced Settings, and then click the ServiceNow Configuration Tab:
- Fetch Users Data - If enabled, all connections for this adapter will fetch user data and add relevant user fields to the devices (for example: Owner, Assigned To, etc.).
- The Users table in ServiceNow is a huge table. Therefore, fetching its data requires more time, RAM and CPU from the adapters connections.
- If this option is unchecked, all connections for this adapter will not fetch any data from the Users table at all. As a result, a lot of ServiceNow device information will be missing.
- Create Users - If enabled, Axonius will create ServiceNow user entities from the user data fetched from the adapter connections. Users will be created only if you have checked the Fetch Users Data option.
- Fetch IPs - If enabled, all connections for this adapter will collect information on device IP addresses.
- Exclude Disposed and Decommissioned Devices - If enabled, all connections for this adapter will not collect information on devices if their status in ServiceNow is 'Disposed' or 'Decommissioned'.
- Exclude Devices Without IP, MAC and Serial Number - If enabled, all connections for this adapter will only collect information on devices if they have an IP address, MAC address, or serial number.
- Use CMDB_CI Table Instead Of ALM ASSET Table for Install Status - If enabled, all connections for this adapter will collect the Install Status from the CMDB_CI table.
- Exclude VMs Tables - If enabled, all connections for this adapter will not collect device assets from tables in ServiceNow that are related to Virtual Machines.