- 1 minute to read
ServiceNow provides service management software as a service, including IT services management (ITSM), IT operations management (ITOM) and IT business management (ITBM).
The ServiceNow adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- ServiceNow Domain – URL for the ServiceNow admin panel
- User Name & Password - To connect to ServiceNow, you will need to create a user with action-privileges
- HTTP Proxy (Optional) – Ability to configure a proxy specifically to the adapter instead of direct approaching to the domain
Create a user with action-privileges through the admin panel
- As an administrator, log into the admin panel and go to the User Administration panel.
2. Click "Users" and then "New". Fill in the details for this user
- Create the user and then search for it in the users screen, to configure it. Click "Edit" to edit the user's attached roles
- Assign the "itil", "rest_api_explorer", "web_service_admin" roles and then click "Save" and finally "Update" to save the user.
You can also enable Axonius to integrate with ServiceNow to create incidents directly from Axonius. To do this, go to Settings -> Global Settings and select "Use ServiceNow" and "Use ServiceNow Adapter".
Fill all required fields in the adapter configuration, click save and the ServiceNow adapter is configured.