- 10 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Using the System Settings Page
- Updated on 10 Jul 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
The System Settings page groups all system settings into categories and subcategories, and allows you to enable, view, modify, and disable these settings.
To open the System Settings page, on the top right corner of any page, click . The Discovery settings page opens.
You can click any category or subcategory to open its page. After changing the settings in any category or subcategory, click Save to save the changes.
The System Settings page consists of the following main elements:
- Categories/Subcategories pane
- Search bar
- Main pane
In the left pane, the system settings are grouped into categories/subcategories. A meaningful icon appears to the left of each category name. Selecting a category (with no subcategories) or a subcategory opens its page in the main pane.
You can search the category and subcategory names, as well as the titles and field names in the system settings pages, for text, by entering the search text in the Search bar above the Categories/Subcategories pane.
The search works as follows:
- When you start writing in the search bar, the Categories view disappears and instead a list of options containing the search text appears, with the search text highlighted in blue. As the search text becomes longer, the list of options becomes smaller.
- If there are no search results, the left pane remains empty.
- When you click an option from the results, the list of options closes, the Categories view is once again displayed in the left pane, and the subcategory containing the selected option is opened.
- If you select the X on the right of the search bar, the list of options closes, the Categories view is once again displayed in the left pane, and the subcategory page selected before the search is displayed.
- If you enter search text and then erase it, the list of options closes, the Categories view is once again displayed in the left pane, and the subcategory page selected before the search is displayed.
The main pane displays the selected subcategory page. Some subcategory pages display a single section, some multiple sections, and some show a table.
The following subcategories are presented in tabular format: Users, Roles, Service Accounts, Data Scopes, Custom Data and Tags, and Tunnels. Each row in the table lists one item.
Table Navigation Elements
By default, 20 rows are displayed in each table page. You can change the number of displayed rows per page to 20, 50 or 100, by clicking the appropriate icon on the bottom left side of the table:
Use the pagination bar on the bottom right side of the table to move between pages:
Filtering a Table
You can filter a table by selecting one or more categories in the area above the table, and entering the value to search for in each category.
The total number of records found for the search criteria is displayed in parentheses on the top left side of the table just under the Filter bar.