F5 BIG-IP iControl
- 1 Minute To Read
F5 BIG-IP iControl is a Web services-enabled open API providing granular control over the configuration and management of F5's application delivery platform, BIG-IP.
F5 BIG-IP iControl provides information on virtual servers and their assigned pools.
A pool is a logical set of devices, such as web servers, that you group together to receive and process traffic. Instead of sending client traffic to the destination IP address specified in the client request, F5 BIG-IP sends the request to any of the nodes that are members of that pool.
A pool consists of pool members. A pool member is a logical object that represents a physical node on the network. Once you have assigned a pool to a virtual server, F5 BIG-IP directs traffic coming into the virtual server to a member of that pool. An individual pool member can belong to one or multiple pools, depending on how you want to manage your network traffic.
For more details on pools, see Ask F5 - About Pools.
The F5 BIG-IP iControl adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- F5 BIG-IP Domain – Your F5 BIG-IP domain.
- User Name and Password - Provide the user name and password for a read-only user.
- Login Provider - Use "tmos".
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional) – Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes