- 1 minute to read
Rapid7 Nexpose is a vulnerability management solution, including discovery, detection, verification, risk classification, impact analysis, reporting and mitigation.
The Rapid7 Nexpose adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Host Name – IP / DNS name of the Rapid7 Nexpose admin panel.
- Port - If you did not change the default port, specify 3780.
- User Name and Password - To connect to Rapid7 Nexpose, you need a read-only user name and password credentials. For more details, see the section below.
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- Token (for 2FA only) (optional) - If you have enabled Two Factor Authentication, specify the Two Factor Authentication token.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
Creating User and Password Credentials in the Rapid7 Nexpose Admin Panel
To create a read-only user name and password credentials for Axonius:
Connect to the Rapid7 Nexpose admin panel as an admin, and go to the administration panel
In the users panel, click "Create" to create a new account for Axonius.
From the General menu option, fill in the user details,
If you have enabled Two Factor Authentication, generate a Two Factor Authentication token, to be used in the Rapid7 Nexpose adapter configuration in Axonius.
1. As a Global Administrator, go to the Administration tab.
2. Click the Administer link in the Global and Console Settings section.
3. Select Enable two factor authentication.
Click the Roles menu option and Select the "User" role.
Click the Site Access menu option and select "Allow this user to access all sites".
Click the Asset Group Access menu option and select "Allow this user to access all asset groups"
Click Save and login at least once to the admin panel. This will create the user.