- 23 Jan 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Working with Dashboards
- Updated on 23 Jan 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
The Axonius Dashboard consists of Dashboards that include one or more charts. Each Dashboard is represented by a tab in the Dashboard page.
The Axonius Dashboard page opens by default every time you login to Axonius. You can also click on the left navigation panel to open the Dashboard page.
Axonius includes two default dashboards: Axonius Dashboard and My Dashboard. Axonius Dashboard is the default Dashboard displayed. An Admin user or a user with the Add and edit dashboards permission, can configure the system to not display the Axonius Dashboard.
You can select which Dashboards to display, arrange their order and set a default arrangement. See Managing Dashboards for more information.
The table below summarizes the different Dashboard types:
|Dashboard Type||Dashboard Default Name||Dashboard Default Charts||Personal/Public||Renamable?||Removable?|
|Axonius Dashboard||Axonius Dashboard||Axonius default charts.||Public – users with Add chart, Edit charts and Delete chart permissions can add and delete charts.
Users with Refresh Dashboard permissions can Refresh chart data.
|Yes||No (can be hidden)|
|My Dashboard||My Dashboard||None - Dashboard is empty by default.||Personal – All users with View dashboard permissions can add and delete charts.||No||No|
|Custom Dashboard||Dashboard N
N is a sequential number, used to distinguish between multiple Dashboards, if have not been renamed.
|None - Dashboard is empty by default.||Public or Private (configurable) – users with the following permissions can rename Dashboards, add, refresh, and delete Dashboards and charts:
- Add dashboard
- Edit charts
- Delete chart
- Add dashboard
- Delete dashboard
- Refresh dashboard
Adding a New Dashboard
You can add additional Dashboards according to your needs.
To add a new Dashboard
- In the upper-right corner of the Dashboard page, click Add Dashboard.
- In Dashboard name, enter a descriptive name for the Dashboard.
4. Click Save.
See Selecting Dashboards for more information about configuring the displayed Dashboards and their order.
Adding a Custom Chart to a Dashboard
To add a custom chart to a Dashboard
- Click on the tab of the Dashboard to which you want to add the chart.
- Click the large + in the Dashboard and configure the chart. See Custom Charts on how to configure the different chart types.
Users with the Admin role always have access to all Dashboard (which are not private).
Refreshing the Dashboard
You can refresh all of the data on all the charts on a Dashboard.
Click Refresh Dashboard.
A message appears asking if you want to do this. Click Yes to proceed.
The system updates all of the charts in the current Dashboard.
Refreshing the Dashboard might take a little while. A spinner icon shows that the update is taking place. While the Dashboard is refreshing, you can continue to work with the existing data.
Mouse over the clock icon to see the time the chart was last updated.
Duplicating a Dashboard
You can duplicate a Dashboard and then modify it. This is useful when you want to create a new Dashboard similar to an existing one. All charts in the Dashboard will be duplicated.
To duplicate a Dashboard
- Click on the tab of the Dashboard you want to duplicate. Then, click the 3-dot menu on the tab and select Duplicate.
- The duplicate Dashboard will appear to the right of the original.
- The name of the new Dashboard will be in the format: “COPY - <original dashboard name>”
- The copy will have the same access, roles and permissions as the original.
- All charts will be copied including all settings as they are in the original including the order of the charts, size, name, description, queries, etc.
- The copy can be edited as any other Dashboard. You can change the name, the queries and any other item.