- 05 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Working with Dashboard Spaces
- Updated on 05 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The Axonius Dashboard presents immediate insights based on existing saved queries. The dashboard provides a single, consolidated, and central graphical place to monitor and absorb insights regarding all assets (devices, users) based on saved queries designed to shed light on desired policy, breach of policy and any other questions regarding asset management.
The Axonius Dashboard consists of Dashboard Spaces. Each Dashboard Space is represented by a tab in the dashboard page.
The Axonius dashboard page opens by default every time you login to Axonius. You can also click on the left navigation panel to open the Dashboard page.
Axonius includes two default dashboard spaces: My Dashboard and Axonius Dashboard. Axonius Dashboard is the default space displayed. An Admin. user or a user with the 'Add and edit spaces' permission, can configure the system to not display the Axonius Dashboard.
The table below summarizes the different dashboard space types:
|Space Type||Space Default Name||Space DefaultCharts||Personal/Public||Renamable?||Removable?|
|Axonius Dashboard||Axonius Dashboard||Axonius default charts.||Public – users with Add chart, Edit charts and Delete chart permissions can add and delete charts.
Users with Refresh space permissions can Refresh chart data.
|Yes||No (can be hidden)|
|My Dashboard||My Dashboard||None - space is empty by default.||Personal – All users with View dashboard permissions can add and delete charts.||No||No|
|Custom Space||Space N
N is a sequential number, used to distinguish between multiple spaces, if have not been renamed.
|None - space is empty by default.||Public or Private (configurable) – users with the following permissions can rename spaces, add, refresh, and delete spaces and charts:
- Add chart
- Edit charts
- Delete chart
- Add space
- Delete space
- Refresh space
You can add new charts to each space, add additional dashboard spaces for your needs, rename and delete existing ones:
- Add custom chart - for details, see Custom Charts.
- Add - click Add Space to add a new empty space.
- Manage Spaces - Admin users can also Manage Spaces. This option is available next to Add Space.
Manage Spaces enables different space management options as described in Manage Dashboard Spaces.
- Space Menu - When you select a space tab, a menu icon is visible:
Click it to open the menu with the following options:
- Delete - Deletes the current space. You can only delete custom dashboard spaces.
- Edit - Opens the Edit space dialog where you can:
- Rename the space. It is recommended to give a unique name to each space.
- Refresh the space. You can refresh all of the data on all the charts on a space, refer to Refreshing the Space.
- Edit Space access permissions. Set the space access for custom spaces to Public, Private or select only specific Roles which will have access to this space. Default access for custom spaces is Public.
Users with the Admin role always have access to all spaces (which are not private).
Refreshing the Space
You can refresh all of the data on all the charts on a Space.
- Click Refresh Space.
A message appears asking if you want to do this. Click Yes to proceed.
The system updates all of the charts in the current space.
Refreshing the space might take a little while. A spinner icon shows that the update is taking place. While the space is refreshing, you can continue to work with the existing data.
Mouse over the clock icon to see the time the chart was last updated.
You can also refresh the space from the Manage Dashboard Spaces page.