- 19 Dec 2022
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 19 Dec 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Freshservice is a cloud-based IT help desk and service management solution that enables organizations to simplify their IT operations.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
Freshservice Domain (required) – The hostname of the Freshservice server. The hostname field format is '[instance].freshservice.com'.
API Key (required) – Specify the API Key provided by Freshservice.
To locate your API Key, see Locate API Key.
Verify SSL - Sekect to verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Freshservice Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional) - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in Freshservice Domain.
For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From Version 4.6, Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings with different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Freshservice asset type Include list (optional, default: Computer) - Specify a comma-separated list of Freshservice asset types.
- If supplied, all connections for this adapter will only fetch devices whose asset type is any of the comma-separated list of Freshservice CI types that have been defined in this field.
- If not supplied, all connections for this adapter will fetch devices with any Freshservice asset type.
- Fetch installed software - Select to fetch installed software.
- Fetch disabled users - Select to fetch disabled users. This setting is relevant only if one of the Fetch ___ as Users settings is selected.
- Fetch devices (optional, default: true) - Select to fetch devices.
- Fetch Agent as Users - Select to fetch agents as users.
- Fetch Requesters as Users - Select to fetch requestors as users.
- Fetch Assets as Users - Select to fetch assets as users.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Locate API Key
To locate your API Key
- Log in to your Support Portal.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner of your portal.
- Go to the Profile Settings page. Your API Key is displayed below the Change Password section on the right side.