- 03 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Chart Query Configuration
- Updated on 03 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
You can select an existing query, edit a query or create a new query directly from the chart. The actions you can do, depend on the permissions you have.
From the Chart Wizard, click in the Query field. In some of the charts this might have a slightly different name.
Viewing and Editing a Query
When you choose a query, click on it to view the query. In this way you can make sure what it displays. The Query drawer opens
If you do not want to make any changes click X to close the Query Drawer. If you choose Run Query, the system goes to the Devices or Users page and runs the query.
You can edit Queries which are not predefined. Click the edit icon on the toolbar to edit the Query. See Query Wizard and Query Filter Bar to learn how to edit queries.
Click Duplicate to duplicate a query and then edit it.
When you finish editing a query select Save.
Creating a New Query
You can create a new query instead of using an existing saved query. This new query will be saved in the folder selected and can be accessed from the Folders pane of the Queries page.
To create a new query
1. In Name, enter a name for the new query.
2. In Description, enter a description that includes what assets the query returns.
3. In Tags, add tags if necessary.
4. In Cache Settings, select whether to Always keep cached or deselect to not keep cached. When selected, query results are updated and stored in cache. This makes the Enforcement Set run faster.
5. In Query Expression, select the query parameters. For more about using the Query Wizard, see [Creating Queries with the Query Wizard](/docs/query-wizard-and-query-filter).
6. To make the query private and available only to you, select Private query.
7. In Folder, select the folder where the new query will be saved.
8. To save the query, click Save. Click Cancel to close the Query Wizard page without saving any changes.