- 26 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 26 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Code42 Incyder (formerly Code42) is a next-gen DLP solution used to detect insider threats, satisfy regulatory compliance, and accelerate incident response investigations.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Code42 Domain (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Code42 server.
- Authentication Method (required) - Select whether to authenticate via user credentials or client credentials.
- User Name and Password (required) - If the authentication method is via user credentials, specify the credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
These parameters are only displayed when the User Credentials option is selected from the Authentication Method dropdown.
- Client ID and Client Secret (required) - If the authentication method is via client credentials, specify the Client ID and Client Secret to be used to authenticate the request. For more information about obtaining a Client ID and Client Secret, see API Clients.
These parameters are only displayed when the Client Credentials option is selected from the Authentication Method dropdown.
Verify SSL - Select to verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Code42 Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional) - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in Code42 Domain.
For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From version 4.6, Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Use osHostname field as hostname - Select whether to use the os_hostname field fetched from Code42 as the device's hostname.
- If selected, all connections for this adapter will use the osHostname field fetched from Code42 as the device's hostname.
- If cleared, all connections for this adapter will use the Name field fetched from Code42 as the device's hostname.
- Ignore Deactivated/Blocked Users - Select whether to ignore users fetched from Code42 with the values “Deactivated” or “Blocked” in the status field.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Axonius uses the Code42 API.
To use the Code42 Incyder adapter, you must have a product plan that includes access to the Code42 API. For more details, see Code42 support - Code42 product plans.
The value supplied in User Name must have Read access to devices with a read-only role. This role provides permission to access the data necessary to a given API resource. For more details, see Code42 support - Manage user roles.