Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- 1 minute to read
Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) is a set of specifications from Microsoft for consolidating the management of devices and applications in a Windows network. WMI provides users with information about the status of local or remote computer systems.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Hostnames / IPs / CIDRs List (required) - Specify a comma-separated list of hostnames, IP addresses or CIDRs to be scanned.
- User Name and Password (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the permissions to run a WMI scan on the provided asset list specified in the Hostnames / IPs / CIDRs List field.
- DNS Servers (optional, default: empty) - Specify a comma-separated list of DNS servers to be used to resolve the hostnames specified in the Hostnames / IPs / CIDRs List field.
- If supplied, Axonius will use the specified DNS server to resolve the hostnames specified in the Hostnames / IPs / CIDRs List field. For each asset, the first response will be the one to be used.
- If not supplied or if no response has been received from any of the specified DNS servers, the default DNS server will be used.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
- Number of parallel connections (required, default: 5) - Specify the number of connections to be opened to control the performance of the scan.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
- 445 (SMB)