Field Segmentation Chart
- 2 Minutes To Read
The Field Segmentation chart is a single query metric, consisting of a single query and a chosen query field. This chart is designed to show segmentation of values of the chosen field, across the data-set given by the query.
To configure a Field Segmentation chart:
- Specify a title for the dashboard chart.
- Select the chart presentation type: pie chart or bar chart.
- Select the entity type for the metric, Devices or Users.
- From the Saved Queries drop down, choose a saved query, or leave empty for all entities (see example above).
- From the Possible Segmentation Fields drop down, choose a field by which the results will be segmented.
- In the Filter by section, optionally configure one or more predefined filters on all the results of the segmented field.
- You can create complex filters by using the AND/OR relations, NOT and parentheses. For more details see Working with the query wizard.
- Each segmented field enables you to select the desired operator based on the selected field type. For more details see Working with the query wizard - Operator drop down section.
- If the segmented field is a simple field, you will be able to filter only on the segmented field.
- If the segmented field is a complex field, you will be able to filter on all fields which are part of the complex field.
- Switch on the Include timeline toggle in order to include a trend of the total of the segments and count of all segments in a timeline chart.
- If enabled:
- In the Show results in the last (days) field, specify the number of last days or a date range to be included in timeline chart.
- A timeline chart button is added to the chart panel.
- Click it to display/hide the timeline.
- The timeline chart displays the following:
- Total of the segments
- Count of all segments
- If disabled, the Field Segmentation chart will not include any additional timeline.
- If enabled:
- If the bar chart option is selected, define the default data sort. By default, the data will be sorted by descending values.
- If you have not configured a predefined filter, you can select the include entities with no value checkbox to ignore entities that do not have a value for the segmented field and therefore they will not be included in the chart results.
- Click Save.
If you have created a bar chart, by default, the top 5 results are displayed. Use the paginations button to view the rest of the results.
To export the entire list of results to a CSV file, click the export button.
OS Types Segmentation
Use Field Segmentation chart to visual all OS types currently discovered along all seen devices.
Critical CVEs Segmentation and Trend
Use Field Segmentation chart to visual all critical CVEs currently discovered along all seen devices, and the trend of the total count of critical CVEs over the last month.