- 1 minute to read
Specops Inventory collects and reports information on hardware, software, registry, user settings, operating system, security data, and Active Directory data.
The Specops Inventory adapter uses SQL to fetch information about devices. It requires the following parameters:
- MSSQL Server- The DNS / IP Address of the SQL Server your Specops Inventory instance is using (they may be installed on the same server).
- Port (Optional)
- Database - The name of the database inside the SQL Server
- User Name - A user name with read-only permissions .
- The best practice is to create a dedicate SQL local user for Axonius usage. For details, see Creating a Local Read-Only User for Microsoft SQL Server.
- If you are using a domain user, specify the domain and the user name in the following format: domain\username.
- Password - The user's password. The password must not include ";".
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
- "Login failed" - If you are using a domain user, in the User Name field, specify the domain and the user name in the following format: domain\username.