- 30 Jun 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 30 Jun 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Absolute specializes in software to manage and secure Windows computers and Android smartphones.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Absolute Domain (required) - Your Absolute domain. The Absolute API access is limited to two regions:
- Canadian Data Center (CADC) - https://api.absolute.com
- US Data Center (USDC) - https://api.us.absolute.com
- Data Center (required) - Specify the region data center (must be in lowercase):
- uscd - For the US Data Center.
- cadc - For the Canadian Data Center.
- Token ID and Client Secret (required) - Absolute API requires an authentication token that consists of two parts: token ID and secret key. You need to generate those from the Absolute console, using a custom user role, defined by your organization, or the Guest user role.
For more details on creating a Token ID and a Secret Key, see Working with Absolute APIs.NOTEThe System Administrator of your Absolute console can assign the role.
- Verify SSL - Select to verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Absolute Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From version 4.6, Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Fetch custom device fields data
- If enabled, all connections for this adapter will also fetch custom devices fields.
- If disabled, all connections for this adapter will not fetch custom devices fields.
- Fetch applications - Select whether to fetch device applications from the Absolute server.
- If enabled, all connections for this adapter will also fetch applications associated with the fetched devices.
- If disabled, all connections for this adapter will not fetch application data.
- Devices fetched per page (required, default: 50) - Enter the maximum number of devices to fetch per paginated API request. The maximum value is 1000.
- Applications fetched per page (required, default: 1000) - Enter the maximum number of applications to fetch per paginated API request. The maximum value is 10000.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
If you're experiencing issues with connectivity, enable Authentication Debugging in the Absolute console on the API Token Management page. After that, repeat the failed API requests to log the details. You can then contact Technical Support with the details collected in the log. Make sure you include the following: