- 29 Aug 2023
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 29 Aug 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Auth0 provides authentication and authorization solutions for web, mobile, and legacy applications.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
Host Name or IP Address (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Auth0 server.
Client ID and Client Secret (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
To obtain the Client ID and Client Secret, follow the instructions in Authentication API, using the Post method.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name (optional) - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password (optional) - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Axonius uses the Get Users API.
To get API Access tokens, see Get Management API Access Tokens for Production.
Before getting the API Access tokens, you are required to register your machine-to-machine app with Auth0 according to the instructions in Required Permissions.
The value supplied in Client ID must have read:users permissions to fetch assets.
You must do the following before configuring the Auth0 adapter connection screen:
- Register a new machine-to-machine application with Auth0 and authorize it: Follow steps 1 to 3. In step 3, select the Auth0 Management API, and click Authorize.
- Create credentials using the Post method: Select the Client Secret (Post) method.
- Get a Management API token
- Authorize the Management API to use the credentials, by enabling the settings in the screen below. (Access this page through this path: Applications → API → Management API → Machine to Machine Applications.)
- Once enabled, enter the updated credentials into the Adapter connection screen.
Supported From Version
Supported from Axonius version 4.7