AWS Secrets Manager Integration
- 1 Minute To Read
The AWS Secrets Manager integration enables Axonius to securely pull privileged credentials from AWS Secrets Manager. The integration ensures that privileged credentials are secured in the AWS Secrets Manager, rotated to meet company guidelines, and meet complexity requirements.
Enable AWS Secrets Manager Integration
Enable AWS Secrets Manager integration and allow to Axonius to securely pull privileged credentials from the AWS Secrets Manager.
Follow the guidelines in Global Settings - Enterprise Password Management Settings.
Once the AWS Secrets Manager integration is enabled in Axonius, a new AWS Secrets Manager icon will appear in all password fields when configuring adapters, allowing you to enter a password manually or to fetch the secret from AWS Secrets Manager.
To fetch the password from AWS Secrets Manager:
- In a password field, click the AWS Secrets Manager icon. The AWS Secrets Manager dialog opens.
- In the dialog, specify the following parameters:
- Secret name (required) - Specify the secret containing the secret key that you want to retrieve. You can specify either the Amazon Resource Name (ARN) or the friendly name of the secret
- Secret key (required, default: Password) - Specify the unique identifier of the secret that you want to retrieve.
- Click Fetch.
- If the fetch is successful, a green indication will be displayed next to the WS Secrets Manager icon.
- If the fetch is unsuccessful, a red indication will be displayed next to the AWS Secrets Manager icon.