- 1 Minute To Read
Microsoft Hyper-V is a native hypervisor; it can create virtual machines on x86-64 systems running Windows.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Host Name (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Hyper-V Server.
- User Name and Password (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
- The instance must be able to interact with the Hyper-V host in TCP port 135 port range 49152-65535 (RPC Dynamic ports)
The value supplied in User Name and Password must be able to execute PowerShell code which queries the Hyper-V server for information on the systems managed by that server.
The supplied User Name must have the following permissions:
- Execute PowerShell on the Hyper-V server and access the IPC$ share on the WSUS server.
- Access ADMIN$ share on the Hyper-V server (preferred permissions).