- 13 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Field Summary Chart
- Updated on 13 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The Field Summary chart is a single query metric, consisting of a single query and a chosen field. Use this chart to present the calculated outcome (average, count, count true, count false, sum) on the values of the chosen field across the data-set given by the query. You can choose to display data either as a chart or as a timeline chart. You can use the timeline chart to track the values of a field over time.
To configure a Field Summary chart:
- Give a title to your chart.
- You can add a description if you want.
- Chart presentation – Select the chart presentation, bar chart or timeline view.
- Chart Description – specify a chart description type: 'Default', 'Empty', or 'Custom'. If you choose 'Custom' type a value of up to 250 characters.
- Select the module, Devices or Users.
- Select or create a base query or leave empty for all entities. Learn more about creating a query.
- Text color – select the color of the text to display.
- Select a field to run the function.
- The available functions are based on the type of the field you select and vice versa.
- If you chose the Average or Sum function, you can select only integer type fields.
- If you chose the Count function, you can select all the fields except boolean type fields.
- If you chose a Count True or Count False function, you can select only boolean type fields.
- Select a function to calculate:
- Count True
- Count False
- Count Sum
- Number format – Set the number format for the display:
- Float (default)
- Ceiling – round the value up to the next integer
- Floor – round the value down to the preceding integer
- Round – round the number according to rounding rules when the value is < .5 - Round down, when the value is > .5 - Round up
When you choose timeline view set the following either
Show results in the last x days – select a number and a time period, days, weeks, months or years.
Or show results in date range – Set a start and end date.
In the graph that is created when you click on a point in the graph it opens the query in the Devices page.
You can also:
- Assign chart colors to asset count thresholds to easily evaluate the current environment. See Setting Asset Count Threshold Colors.
- Compare today's query results to a previous date. See Comparing Today's Query Results to a Previous Date.
For example, the number of Windows OS type devices on the system and the average RAM usage across all devices for last scan. Click on the value to open the query in the devices page.
For example, the average of total RAM on devices see in the last 7 days. Mouse over to see the values on each point. Click on a data point to open the query on the devices page.