Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- 1 minute to read
Symantec Endpoint Encryption combines full-disk and removable media encryption with centralized management to protect sensitive information and ensure regulatory compliance.
The Symantec Endpoint Encryption adapter uses SQL to fetch information about devices.
- MSSQL Server (required) - The DNS / IP Address of the Microsoft SQL Server your Symantec Endpoint Encryption instance is using.
- Port (optional, default: 1433).
- Database (required, default: CIS_CMDB) - The name of the database inside the SQL Server (Usually starts with "CM_").
- User Name (required) - A user name with read-only permissions .
- The best practice is to create a dedicate SQL local user for Axonius usage. For details, see Creating a Local Read-Only User for Microsoft SQL Server.
- If you are using a domain user, specify the domain and the user name in the following format: domain\username.
- Password (required) - The user's password. The password must not include ";".
- Choose Instance (required, default: 'Master') - The Axonius node to utilize when connecting to MSSQL Server. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
- Connection Label (optional, default: empty) - An optional label to help distinguish between multiple connections for the same adapter. This label will be concatenated to the relevant Adapter Name in the Device/User Profile page and the full text will be visible when hovering over the Adapters column in the Devices/Users pages.
- If supplied, the label will be appended to the adapter name.
- If not supplied, only the adapter name will be displayed.
- "Login failed" - If you are using a domain user, in the User Name field, specify the domain and the user name in the following format: domain\username.
Configuring Symantec Endpoint Encryption Advanced Settings
To configure the Lansweeper adapter advanced settings, open the Symantec Endpoint Encryption adapter page, click Advanced Settings, and then click the Symantec Configuration tab:
- SQL pagination (required, default: 1000) - Set the number of results per page received for a given SQL query, to gain better control on the performance of all connections of for this adapter.