- 30 Oct 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Activity Logs Page
- Updated on 30 Oct 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Use the Activity Logs page to track all activity in the Axonius system.
To open the Activity Logs page, from the left navigation panel, click the icon.
Activity Logs Overview
The Activity Logs page displays a list of all activities on the Axonius system, sorted from the newest to the oldest activities.
This page provides the following details:
- Type - the type of activity.
- User Activity - Activity done by a user (e.g., Delete Report, Add Role).
- System Activity - Activity done by the system (e.g., Fetch devices, Discovery Cycle Ended)
- API Activity - Activity done directly by the API and not by a user in the GUI.
- Date - The timestamp of the activity in UTC time.
- User - The user who performed the activity. The user name is displayed with a prefix:
- Internal - A user defined internally in Axonius by one of the system admins.
- SAML or LDAP - A user who logged in using the LDAP or SAML based login options.
- Impersonated by - When the 'Impersonation' feature is activated on the system, the log page shows which activities were performed by a user in impersonation mode.
- Action - The action of the activity.
- Category - The category of the activity.
- Discovery Cycle - The identifier of the discovery cycle in which the activity occurred. This is presented as the start date and time of the discovery cycle.
- Message - A message with additional details about the activity.
Searching and Filtering
You can filter the logs that are displayed. You can then use the filters to create queries based on the filters and also save them as queries which can be used later on. Read more about queries based on filters.
The following filters are available:
- User: The list of users who performed actions.
- Action: The type of action performed on your system.
- Category: The category of the action available on your system.
- Discovery Cycle - Display only fetch history from a specific Discovery Cycle, or Cycles.
- Search Log Messages: Search for any text in a log message.
Filtering by Date
You can filter activities by date with the date range picker or by a specified last number of days, weeks, months, or years.
To filter by date range:
- From the Time Range dropdown, select In range.
- Select Start date and End date to indicate the date range to display results.
- To filter results only for a specific date, select the same date twice.
- If you want to include specific times in the date range, click Select Time in the date range picker.
- Click OK to set the Time Range filter.
To filter by the last number of days, weeks, months, or years:
- From the Time Range dropdown, select Last and specify a value in the field next to Last.
- By default, the value is the number of days. If you want to filter by weeks/months/years, select the relevant option from the days dropdown.
- Click Clear All to clear all selections in a specific filter.
- Click Reset from the top left of the Activity Logs page to clear all filters and display the entire log activity.
Saving Filters and Searches
You can save filters and searches you configure on this page as Queries, Refer to Creating Queries Using Filters for full details. Once you save a query, you can see it on the Queries page.
- Save As - to save the filters/search as a Query
- Reset - to reset the display
- Saved Queries - to open the Queries page
Activity Logs Retention
The Activity Logs page always displays the last 100,000 activities.
Exporting Activity Logs
You can export the activity logs results table data to a CSV file. To export the results to a CSV file:
In the Activity Logs page, click Export CSV on the right side of the page just above the table.
The CSV file is automatically downloaded with a name format as:
“axonius_activity_logs< date >< time >.csv”
When you set a filter, only the filtered data is exported to the CSV file.
Navigating between Activity Logs Table Pages
By default, 50 activity logs are displayed in each table page. Click the appropriate icon on the bottom left side of the table to change the number of activity logs that are displayed and choose between 20, 50 or 100.
Use the pagination bar on the bottom right side of the table to move between pages.