- 1 minute to read
Chef provides continuous automation for building, deploying, and managing infrastructure, compliance, and applications in modern, legacy, and hybrid environments.
- Chef Domain (required) - The hostname of the Chef server.
- Organization (required) - The name of your organization as it appears in Chef.
- Client and Client Key File (pem) (required) - Axonius uses the username and the key file of a Chef user for authorization. See below instructions.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the host supplied in Chef Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If it fails validation, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- Connection Label (optional, default: empty) - An optional label to help distinguish between multiple connections for the same adapter. This label will be concatenated to the relevant Adapter Name in the Device/User Profile page and the full text will be visible when hovering over the Adapters column in the Devices/Users pages.
- If supplied, the label will be appended to the adapter name.
- If not supplied, only the adapter name will be displayed.
Creating a user in Chef for Axonius Usage
There are 2 options for creating a User:
Was this article helpful?