- 1 minute to read
Chef provides continuous automation for building, deploying, and managing infrastructure, compliance, and applications in modern, legacy, and hybrid environments.
The Chef adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Chef Domain - IP or the URL of your Chef server.
- Client and Client Key File - To connect to the Chef Adapter, you need to create a User. Axonius uses username and key file for authorization (see below instructions)
- Organization is the name of your organization as it appears in Chef.
- Verify SSL Certificate is whether to validate the SSL Certificate against a well-known root CA.
If you use a self-signed SSL certificate in your server, do not mark this checkbox.
Creating a user for the adapter connection:
There are 2 options for creating a User.
- Create a user through Chef Manage (Chef Web UI). Follow the steps here to create this user and retrieve its key file.
- Create a user through the command line. Follow the steps here to create the user and generate the client key file. Please keep the key file in a safe place.
Fill all required fields in the adapter configuration, click save and the Chef adapter is configured