- 1 minute to read
Fortinet FortiGate Next-Generation firewall provides high performance, multilayered validated security and visibility for end-to-end protection across the entire enterprise network.
The Fortinet FortiGate Adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Host Name - The IP address of the router
- Port (Optional)
- User Name & Password - To connect to the Fortinet FortiGate Adapter, you need to create read-only username and password credentials
- Virtual Domain (Optional)
- DHCP lease time (Optional)
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
Create a user by connecting to the router:
Connect to your FortiGate router as admin.
In the global virtual domain, click System and then Admin Profiles.
Create a new profile which gives "Read Only" access control just for "System Configuration".
- Click "OK" and go to the "Administrators" tab. Create a new user and fill in the details.
in the "Administrator Profile" field, select the profile we just created.
In the "Virtual Domains" field, select the virtual domains you want to grant access to.
- Log out of the admin panel and log in again to create the user.
Fill all required fields in the adapter configuration, click save and the Fortinet FortiGate adapter is configured.