- 15 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 15 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Fortinet FortiGate is a next-generation firewall providing security and visibility for end-to-end protection across the entire enterprise network.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Host Name (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Fortinet FortiGate server.
- Port (optional) - If not supplied, Axonius will use TCP port 8080.
- User Name and Password (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
- Virtual Domain (optional) - Specify a comma-separated list of Virtual Domains (VDOMs).
- If supplied, Axonius will fetch data from specified virtual domains.
- If not supplied, Axonius will use 'vdom' value.
- Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host Name. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- Is FortiManager Server - Select whether the Fortinet Fortigate is a FortiManager server.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From Version 4.6, Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- DHCP lease time (seconds) (required, default: 604800) - Specify the DHCP lease time, that refers to the life of an IP address remains assigned to a device.
- Interfaces exclude list (optional) - Specify a comma-separated list of Fortinet FortiGate interfaces.
- If supplied, all connections for this adapter will only fetch devices that are not associated with the specified interfaces.
- If not supplied, all connections for this adapter will fetch devices associated with any interface.
- VMware Interfaces exclude list (optional) - Specify a comma-separated list of Fortinet FortiGate interfaces.
- If supplied, all connections for this adapter will only fetch virtual devices that are not associated with the specified interfaces.
- If not supplied, all connections for this adapter will fetch virtual devices associated with any interface.
- Do not fetch OS Type field (optional) - Select to exclude fetching data from the OS Type field.
- Allow IPSEC VPN devices - Select to allow fetching IPSEC VPN devices.
- Fetch managed Fortigate devices - Select to fetch managed FortiGate devices.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
The value supplied in User Name must have read access to devices.
To create a user
Connect to your FortiGate router as admin.
In the global virtual domain, click System and then Admin Profiles.
Create a new profile that grants only Read Only access control for the following:
- System Configuration.
- User and Device
- System Configuration
- Network Configuration
- Log & Report
- Firewall Configuration
- VPN Configuration
- Security Profile Configuration
Set JSON API Access to Read Only.
Click OK. Then select the Administrators tab. Create a new user and fill in the details.
From the Administrator Profile dropdown, select the recently created profile.
From the Virtual Domains dropdown, select which virtual domains you want to grant access.
Log out of the admin panel and log in again to create the user.
This adapter was only tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed, which is not functioning as expected.
Supported From Version
Supported from Axonius version 4.5