- 2 minutes to read
Fortinet FortiGate is a next-generation firewall providing security and visibility for end-to-end protection across the entire enterprise network.
- Host Name (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Fortinet FortiGate server.
- Port (optional) - If not supplied, Axonius will use TCP port 443.
- User Name and Password (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
- Virtual Domain (optional, default: empty) - Specify a comma-separated list of Virtual Domains (VDOMs).
- If supplied, Axonius will fetch data from specified virtual domains.
- If not supplied, Axonius will use 'vdom' value.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host Name. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host Name will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If the SSL certificate can not be validated against the CA database inside of Axonius, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host Name will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- Is Fortimanager Server (required, default: False) - Select whether the Fortinet Fortigate is a FortiManager server.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
- DHCP lease time (seconds) (required, default: 604800) - Specify the DHCP lease time, that refers to the life of an IP address remains assigned to a device.
- Interfaces exclude list * (optional, default: empty)* - Specify a comma-separated list of Fortinet FortiGate interfaces.
- If supplied, all connections for this adapter will only fetch devices that are not associated with the specified interfaces.
- If not supplied, all connections for this adapter will fetch devices associated with any interface.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
The value supplied in User Name must have read access to devices.
To create a user:
- Connect to your FortiGate router as admin.
- In the global virtual domain, click System and then Admin Profiles.
Create a new profile which gives Read Only access control only for System Configuration.
- Click OK. Then select the Administrators tab. Create a new user and fill in the details.
in the Administrator Profile field, select the profile we just created.
In the Virtual Domains field, select the virtual domains you want to grant access to.
- Log out of the admin panel and log in again to create the user.