Searching for Assets
- 1 Minute To Read
The search bar in the Axonius dashboard screen enables free text search to identify and investigate a specific asset.
You can add Axonius as an "other search engine" in Google Chrome to search for assets in Axonius directly from Google Chrome address bar.
Searching for a Specific Asset
When you search for a specific text, the search is executed on main device or user attributes, inlcuding:
- Devices - asset name, host, manufacturer serial number, MAC addresses, IP addresses, last used users and tags.
- Users - mail, username, first name, last name, tag.
The Search screen opens, displaying the results in two separate tables, Devices and Users, sorted by the number of solutions discovered the asset ('Adapter' column).
In the search screen, you can:
- Investigate a specific asset - click any device or user record to review its details. For details, see Device Profile screen and User Profile screen.
- View the entire device or user list of results - click 'View in Devices' or 'Click in Users' will display the complete list of results. For details, see Devices screen and Users Screen.
Searching for Assets Directly from Google Chrome Address Bar
To enable searching for assets directly from Google Chrome, you need to add Axonius as an "other search engine" in Google Chrome:
- On your computer, open Google Chrome.
- At the top right, click More () and then Settings.
- Under 'Search engine', click Manage search engines.
- Find 'Other search engines' and click Add.
- In the 'Add search engine' modal displayed, provide the following information:
a. Search engine - enter a label or name for the search engine. For example: "Axonius".
b. Keyword - Enter the text shortcut you want to use for the search engine. You can enter the keyword in your address bar to quickly use the search engine. For example: "Axonius".
c. URL with %s in place of query - Use the following URL format: https://[your Axonius address]/dashboard/explorer?search=%s
For example: https://demo-latest.axonius.com/dashboard/explorer?search=%s
To search for assets directly from Google Chrome, in the address bar, type "Axonius", press Tab or Space and then type the text to be searched. For example:
The search screen will then open, displaying the searched text in the search bar and the results for it.