Pure Storage Pure1
- 2 Minutes To Read
Pure Storage Pure1 is a cloud-based storage management solution that provides self-driving storage, data-storage management, and monitoring.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Pure Storage Pure1 Domain (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Pure Storage Pure1 server.
- Application ID and Private Key (required) - Specify the details required to fetch asset details using Pure1 Public REST API. For more details, see How to Create Key Pair and Register It with Pure1.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Pure Storage Pure1 Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Pure Storage Pure1 Domain will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If the SSL certificate can not be validated against the CA database inside of Axonius, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Pure Storage Pure1 Domain will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in Pure Storage Pure1 Domain.
- If supplied, Axonius will utilize the proxy when connecting to the value supplied in Pure Storage Pure1 Domain.
- If not supplied, Axonius will connect directly to the value supplied in Pure Storage Pure1 Domain.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Axonius uses the Pure1 Public REST API.
How to Create Key Pair and Register It with Pure1
To allow Axonius use the Pure1 Public REST API, you must create a key pair and then registering it with Pure1.
1. Create a Key Pair
Creating a key pair is a one-time operation, or a per-user operation.
There are a variety ways of doing this, but the simplest option is to just use the OpenSSL tool native in Linux distributions.
- Create a private key without password.
- Take the created private key and copy it to a text editor.
- Edit the copied private key to a single string, by replacing any line break with "/n".
- When configuring the adapter connection, copy the edited private key to the Private Key field.
- Use the created private key to create a public key without password.
2. Registering the Key Pair with Pure1
You need to actually tell Pure1 that this key is valid for REST access. You must be an administrator in your Pure1 organization to be able to do this step.
Login to Pure1.
Under the Administration section, click API registration. Then Register Application.
Enter in a friendly name for the application or user (for example, Axonius). Then, copy and paste the whole public key. Including the dashes and the BEGIN/END text (similar to what is highlighted above). Paste it into the text box in Pure1:
Click Upload when done.
When configuring the adapter connection, you will need to specify the generated application ID in the Application ID field.