- 1 minute to read
Aruba ClearPass is a network access control (NAC) solution that allows enterprises to identify devices, enforce policies, and remediate threats.
The Aruba ClearPass adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Aruba ClearPass Domain - Use your Aruba ClearPass domain.
- Client ID and Client Secret - The client ID and client secret you have created to use the Aruba ClearPass API. For more details, see the 'Create an Aruba ClearPass RestAPI Client' section below.
- Verify SSL - Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
Create an Aruba ClearPass RestAPI Client
You must create a client to use the Aruba ClearPass API. Consider this client as the App definition on Aruba ClearPass. Without this client, access to the API is not possible.
To create the client do the following;
- Open Aruba ClearPass Guest and go to Administration –> API Services –> API Clients and click the “Create API Client” button.
- Provide the following information:
- Client ID - Creates the connection between the user and the API.
- Operator Profile - Includes the RestAPI access rights. Axonius required read-only permissions.
- Grant Type - Set the OAuth2 authentication method as 'Client Credentials'.
- Public Client - Make sure this option is unselected.
- Save changes and copy the client ID and the client secret.