Symantec Endpoint Management Suite
- 1 minute to read
The Symantec Endpoint Management Suite (formerly Altiris) enables organizations to take control, uncover savings, and ensure compliance of IT assets, by giving a picture of assets throughout their lifecycle.
The Symantec Endpoint Management Suite adapter uses SQL to fetch information about devices.
The Symantec Endpoint Management Suite adapter connection requires the following parameters:
MSSQL Server- The DNS / IP Address of the SQL Server your Symantec Endpoint Management Suite (formerly Altiris) instance is using (They may be installed on the same server)
Database - The name of the database inside the SQL Server
User Name - A user name with read-only permissions .
- The best practice is to create a dedicate SQL local user for Axonius usage. For details, see Creating a Local Read-Only User for Microsoft SQL Server.
- If you are using a domain user:
- Specify the domain and the user name in the following format: domain\username.
- The user must not be a service account.
- Interactive logon must be enabled.
Password - The user's password. The password must not include ";".
Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
- "Login failed" - If you are using a domain user, in the User Name field, specify the domain and the user name in the following format: domain\username.
- "Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication." - Enable interactive logon.