BlueCat Enterprise DNS
- 1 minute to read
BlueCat Enterprise DNS connects all disparate DNS and DHCP with centralized management of all clients and critical assets.
The BlueCat adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Host – The URL of the BlueCat management server (e.g., https://bluecat.company.com)
- User Name and Password – Specify valid user name and password, that are dependent on the connection option you have chosen:
- API - User name and password must be created in BlueCat. The user account must have the “API User” privilege assigned. Please see details below.
- Database connection - User name and password with read permissions for the configured database. The best practice is to create a designated user for Axonius usage.
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- Connect to Database - Choose whether to use an API or database connection to fetch data from BlueCat.
- Database Port and Database Name (optional) - Database port and name are mandatory if you have chosen to use database connection to fetch data from BlueCat.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
Creating User for Axonius in BlueCat
The user account in Step 2 can be created by accessing the “Administration” and “Users and Groups” sections of the BlueCat management UI
Please ensure the user account has the “API User” permissions assigned.
Configuring BlueCat Advanced Settings
To configure the BlueCat adapter advanced settings, open the BlueCat adapter screen, click Advanced Settings, and then click the BlueCat Configuration tab:
- Time in seconds to sleep between each request - Specify sleeping time in seconds between each API request Axonius sends to BlueCat.