- 09 Mar 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Using the Syntax Helper
- Updated on 09 Mar 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Field names in Enforcement Action condition statements must be the field name as it is used in the Axonius database. The Syntax Helper makes it easy to find the proper field name, both a field from the Action form itself or a field from one of the Adapters.
To use a field name from the Action form
- Click Syntax Helper. The fields in the Enforcement Action page are listed in the Action Form Field section.
- Hover over one of the Action Form fields and click the copy icon that appears to the right. The field name is copied to the system clipboard.
- Click Close and paste the field name into the condition definition statement.
To use a field name from an Adapter
- Click Syntax Helper. In the Adapter Fields section near the bottom of the Syntax Helper, you can select a field from an Adapter.
- Select the Adapter from the Adapters list and then select one of the Adapter fields from the Select Adapter Field list. The asset type is automatically selected to be the same as that selected when configuring the Action Query.
- Click the copy icon to the right, click Close and then paste the field name into the condition definition statement.
Custom Data Fields in the Syntax Helper
When you select a type of custom data field to create, the field name depends on the selected field type. Custom data fields appear in the Syntax Helper. Make sure you select the correct field.
See Working with Custom Data for more information about custom data fields.
The following table lists the field types and their field names as they appear in the Syntax Helper:
For more information about working with Enforcement Sets see the following:
Enforcement Center Overview
Using the Enforcement Center Page
Managing Enforcement Sets
Creating Enforcement Sets
Testing an Enforcement Set
Configuring Enforcement Action Conditions
Scheduling Enforcement Set Runs
Running Enforcement Sets
Viewing Enforcement Set Run History
Terminating an Enforcement Set Run
Duplicating Enforcement Sets
Editing and Deleting Enforcement Sets