- 22 Mar 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Configuring the Axonius Platform
- Updated on 22 Mar 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Once the virtual appliance has been installed, complete the following configuration steps:
- Set the IP address
- Log on and signup
- Connect adapters
1. Setting the IP Address
If installing on AWS, Azure, GCP (or any public cloud platform) the IP address is set automatically. Therefore you can skip this step.
Once the virtual appliance has been installed, the VMware console window can be used to configure a static IP address – or to view the dynamically assigned IP address if DHCP is being used. Do not set an IP address in the range of 172.16.x.x.
IPv6 is supported but disabled by default. Please contact your Axonius representative for more information.
Log in to the system using the console with username netconfig and password netconfig
NOTE: the netconfig user is NOT accessible via ssh.
Follow the wizard for assigning an IP to the machine using a static IP address or DHCP.
- From the interface list, enter the required interface number.
- ESX default Interface naming convention – eth0, eth1, etc.
- Linux default Interface naming convention – ens33, ens34, etc.
- Enter interface type:
- "DHCP" for dynamic IP
- "static" for static IP configuration
- If you selected "DHCP" for dynamic IP, you can find the dynamically assigned IP by using the SSH credentials below and executing the "ifconfig" command.
2. Logging On and Signing up
Logging on to the Web UI
Make sure you open a new ticket with the Axonius Technical Support team to request an updated license file.
After you have configured the IP address,
Browse to the machine using a web browser. For example, https://<axonius-machine-hostname-or-ip>
If this does not work, wait 10 minutes and then verify that firewall access to the machine is accessible via port 443.
The License Required dialog opens and the system asks you to upload your license file.
Click to upload your file, or drag the file to the dialog.
Click Apply. The system begins the extraction and installation process.
- The license is verified and the Axonius system is decrypted and installed. This can take several minutes.
Once the decryption and installation process is complete, the browser opens on the Axonius Signup screen. When adding an additional collector node, do not perform this step.
As part of the initial Axonius signup, you need to to configure the admin user by providing the following information:
- Email address - the address that will be used by Axonius as a communication channel
- Password – set and confirm the admin password
To save the admin user configuration, click the Get Started button.
3 Connecting Adapters
After accessing Axonius through a browser, proceed to connect the relevant adapters.
For each adapter that will be used, please provide the relevant access credentials. The details will vary by adapter, but will include some combination of:
- IP Addresses
- Key Files
- Any other credentials needed to access the adapters being used
For details on connecting adapters procedure, see the Adapter page.