- 1 minute to read
The VMware AirWatch adapter is based on the REST API of the AirWatch admin panel.
The VMware AirWatch Adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- AirWatch Domain - The domain of the admin panel.
- User Name and Password - The user name and password that can access the panel.
- API Key - API key for the REST API, created in the admin panel. Fore more details, see the below section.
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- HTTP Proxy (Optional) – Ability to configure a proxy specifically to the adapter instead of approaching directly to the domain.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
Creating an API Key for the VMware AirWatch API
To create an API key for the VMware AirWatch API:
Go to the admin panel, click on Groups & Setting and then click on All Settings:
After clicking, you will see a screen with new options to your left.
Click: System → Advanced → API → REST API. You will see this screen:
Click add to create a new API key, add a indicative service name, set it to admin Account Type , copy the API key and save it to a secure location (you will need it later on when configuring the adapter).
Fill all required fields in the adapter configuration, click save and the VMware AirWatch adapter is configured.