- 2 Minutes To Read
GitLab is an open-source DevOps lifecycle tool that provides a wiki, issue-tracking, and continuous integration and deployment pipeline features.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Host Name or IP Address (required) - The hostname or IP address of the GitLab server.
- API Token (required) - An API Token associated with a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If the SSL certificate can not be validated against the CA database inside of Axonius, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address.
- If supplied, Axonius will utilize the proxy when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address.
- If not supplied, Axonius will connect directly to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
- Async chunks in parallel (required, default: 50) - Specify the number of parallel requests all connections for this adapter will send to the GitLab server in parallel at any given point.
- Fetch projects as devices (required, default: False) - Select whether to fetch projects as devices from GitLab.
- If enabled, all connections for this adapter will fetch GitLab projects as devices.
- If disabled, all connections for this adapter will not fetch GitLab projects.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Axonius uses the GitLab v4 REST API.
To create a personal access token to be used in the API Token field with the permissions to fetch user information, do as follows:
- Log in to GitLab.
- In the upper-right corner, click your avatar and select Settings.
- On the User Settings menu, select Access Tokens.
- Choose a name and optional expiry date for the token.
- Choose the desired scopes:
- read_user - Allows access to the read-only endpoints under /users. Essentially, any of the GET requests in the Users API are allowed.
- read_api - Grants read access to the API, including all groups and projects, the container registry, and the package registry.
- Click the Create personal access token button.
- Save the personal access token somewhere safe. Once you leave or refresh the page, you won’t be able to access it again.
For more details, see GitLab Docs - Personal access tokens.
This adapter has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Please contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed and it is not functioning as expected.
|GitLab 11.0 and higher||Yes|