- 30 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Delinea Secret Server (Thycotic)
- Updated on 30 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Delinea Secret Server (formely Thycotic) is a Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution for protecting your privileged accounts, available both on premise or in the cloud.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
Thycotic Secret Server URL (required) - The full URL of the Thycotic Secret Server.
- For on-prem Thycotic Secret Server, needs to be in the following format: https://<hostname>/SecretServer (e.g. https://demo-server/SecretServer)
- For cloud Thycotic Secret Server, needs to be in the following format: https://<tenant>.secretservercloud.com (e.g https://mycompany.secretservercloud.com)
User Name and Password (required) - The credentials of a local Thycotic user that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
Port (required) - The port used for the connection.
Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server against the CA database inside of Axonius. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
HTTPS Proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name (optional) - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Host Name or IP Address via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password (optional) - The password to use when connecting to the server using the HTTPS Proxy.
To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Ignore disabled users - Select to not fetch disabled users.
- Fetch Vaults - Select this option to fetch the secrets the user has access to.
- Fetch Rules - Select this option to fetch the SDK rules the affecting the user.
- Fetch Permissions - Select this option to fetch the permissions the user has based on their roles.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
- Axonius uses the Secret Server REST API.
- Vaults uses Secret Server REST API permissions
- Rules uses Get SDK Client Rule
- Permissions uses Secret Server REST API Get Roles for user and Secret Server REST API Get Role Permissions
The value supplied in User Name must be a local Thycotic user with a View Users role.
This adapter has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Please contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed and it is not functioning as expected.