- 1 Minute To Read
OpenVAS is a software framework including several services and tools for vulnerability scanning and vulnerability management.
- OpenVAS host (required) - The hostname or IP address of the OpenVAS server.
- OpenVAS user name and OpenVAS password (required) - The user name and password for an account to connect to OpenVAS.
- SSH user name and SSH password (optional) - The username and password to connect with SSH to the remote machine where OpenVAS is installed. Relevant only when the OpenVAS connection protocol is SSH.
- OpenVAS connection protocol (required, default: TLS) - Whether to connect over TLS or SSH to OpenVAS. When SSH is selected, the SSH user name and SSH password fields are required.
- Port - (optional, default: 9390) - The port used in the connection.
- When this field is not empty, the port configured will be used.
- When this field is empty, port 9390 will be used when OpenVAS connection protocol is set to TLS.
- When this field is empty, port 22 will be used when OpenVAS connection protocol is set to SSH.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.