Enrich Device Data with Shodan
- 1 minute to read
The Enrich Device Data with Shodan action enriches each of the query result devices with additional data from Shodan, such as: hostname, ports open to the world, vulnerabilities, address information (country, region, city), ISP and more.
The data enrichment is done per device based on its public IP address (IPv4).
For more details, see Configuring Triggers.
To configure the Enrich Device Data with Shodan action, do as follows:
- From the Action Library, click Enrich Device or User Data, and then click Enrich Device Data with Shodan.
- Define a unique action name.
- The Shodan default domain is api.shodan.io. You can change it, if required.
- Specify the API key you have defined.
To generate a Shodan API key, do as follows:
- Register for an account in shodan.
- Visit your registered email id and activate the account.
- Login to your account and you will find the API keys under profile overview tab.
- Copy the API key and this is the value for shodan_api field in the config.py file.
- You can configure a proxy specifically to the domain instead of direct approaching it.
- If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node to use to interact with the adapter when executing the enforcement action.
- Save the action.