Carbon Black CB Protection
- 1 minute to read
Carbon Black CB Protection includes application control and critical infrastructure protection for critical systems and fixed-function devices in highly regulated environments.
The Carbon Black CB Protection Adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Carbon Black CB Protection Domain – URL / IP of the Carbon Black CB Protection admin panel
- API Key - To connect to Carbon Black CB Protection, we will need to create an API Key in the admin panel
- HTTP Proxy (optional) – Ability to configure a proxy specifically to the adapter instead of direct approaching to the domain
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- Choose Instance - if you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
Create an API Key
to create an API key, do as follows:
- As an admin, connect to the Carbon Black CB Protection admin panel. Navigate to "Login Accounts".
- Click "Add User" and fill in the details. In "User Roles", select the default group "ReadOnly".
Make sure you select "Show API token" and generate one. This is the API token we need for the adapter.
- Click Create & Exit.
Fill all required fields in the adapter configuration, click save and the Carbon Black CB Protection adapter is configured.