- 04 Sep 2022
- 5 Minutes to read
Report Configuration Page
- Updated on 04 Sep 2022
- 5 Minutes to read
Use the Report Configuration page to configure the report content and scheduling.
To open the Report Configuration page, from the left navigation panel, click icon. The Reports page opens.
- Click Add Report to add a new report.
- Click a specific report record in the table to view or edit an existing report.
The timestamp of the last generated report is shown at the top of the Reports page.
To define a new report or update an existing report
Provide a unique name for the report. You can change the name later if required, see Changing the Report Name.
Select whether to create a private or a public report.
- Private reports may include:
- My Dashboard space charts.
- Private saved queries.
- If enabled, the report will be private and can only be viewed, edited or deleted by the user that created and owns that report.
- If disabled, the report will be a public report. Any user with the right report permissions can view, edit or delete that report.
- Private reports may include:
Select whether to include dashboard charts and then select which dashboard spaces to include.
Select whether to include Saved Queries and then configure a list of selected saved queries.
- Select Generate CSV with queries results to create a CSV file with the entire saved query results for each of the listed saved queries. When you first run a report, it could take a few minutes to generate the CSV file.
Changing the Report Name
Once you have created a report, if necessary you can change the report name.
To change the report name
- From the Reports page, click on the report. The Report Configuration page opens.
- In the Report name field, enter a new name.
- Click Save.
Reports with this content will now be created with the new name.
Report Email Configuration
- Select Email Configuration to send the report as an attached email according to a defined schedule.
You must select Email Configuration in order to send emails. Once you clear this field, scheduled emails will no longer be sent.
- You can deactivate email scheduling if required. Toggle off Activate email scheduling to turn off email scheduling of reports. This does not change the configuration that you set. You can turn on email scheduling as required.
- Attach CSV to email to attach a CSV file with the entire saved query results for each of the listed saved queries. Note that this option is only available if you select Generate CSV with queries results.
When you set Compress email attachments under Email Settings on the Global Settings page, you can send the CSV files as a single compressed file. The compressed file also contains the PDF file of the report. The system will warn you if the compressed file reaches 10 megabytes.
- Specify email subject, optional custom message, list of recipients and recipients CC. You need to press Enter, or type a comma or a semicolon after you add an email address.
The Custom message field allows unsanitized HTML code.
- Select the email scheduling recurrence (every x hours, every x days, on specific days of the week or month) and the time the email will be sent (Time zone is UTC). More than one time can be set.
- Regenerate the report when email is sent - Regenerate the report before the scheduled or manual email is sent, instead of using the report generated during the discovery.
Setting the Email Schedule
From Email Schedule select the frequency to send the reports by email. The following options are available:
Every x hours - The System sends the latest report by email every number of hours defined in the Send email every (hours) field.
The time the first email is sent time is determined based on the specified value, starting midnight. For example, if the specified value is 6, the times the email is sent are: 12am, 6am, 12pm, 6pm, 12am, etc.
- The start time for the next email to be sent will be the closest interval. For example, If the specified value is 6, and the configuration was saved at 10am, the next email will be sent at 12pm.
- The maximum possible value is 24.
Every x days - The system sends the latest report by email every X days as defined in the Send drop-down box. The start time is determined based on the specified value, starting the 1st of each month. For example, if the specified value is 10, the mail is sent on the 1st, 11th, 21st, 31st (if exists), 1st, 11th, etc. The first email start time is the closest interval. For example, If the specified value is 10, and the configuration was saved on the 12th, the next mail will be sent on the 21st. The maximum possible interval is 30.
On days of week - The system sends the latest report by email on the days of the week selected at the time specified in Send email at field.
On days of month - The system sends the latest report by email on the selected dates of the month at the time specified in the Send email at field.
Setting More Than one Time in a Day to Send Email Reports
When you choose Every x days, Days of week or Days of month you can set a number of times to send reports at set hours on the days that you selected. In this way you can send emails at defined hours and not every X hours, for instance to fit in with specific events during the working day.
- Click the + button to set more than one email time.
- Use Delete to delete a scheduled email sending time.
- If you have configured a scheduled email, the Send Email button is displayed. Click it to send the email with the latest generated report.
- You can configure a custom logo to be used in the reports PDF files. For details, see the System Settings section under the GUI Settings.
- Click Save to save your configuration.
Downloading and Sending Reports
For full details of what your generated report contains, see Report Content.
- You can download the latest generated report as a PDF file, a CSV file or as both CSV and PDF. When you choose both PDF and CSV the download is a compressed file.
- The CSV download options are available only when you have defined to generate a CSV including the query results.
- Click Send Email to send the latest report as an email attachment. The Send Email button is only available if you configured sending email.