- 10 Aug 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Advanced Configuration for Adapters
- Updated on 10 Aug 2023
- 1 Minute to read
You can configure Advanced Configuration parameters for a wide range of adapters.
You can configure the Advanced Configuration parameters for all connections for an adapter, or configure separate parameters for each adapter connection. Configuring separate parameters for each connection can be useful if you want to configure a number of fetching cycles for the same set of assets. For instance, if you want to configure a light frequent fetching cycle, and a fetching cycle which is less frequent but consumes more resources.
To configure Advanced Configuration parameters for all connections for an adapter:
- Select the adapter you want to configure
- Click Advanced Settings
- Select the Advanced Configuration tab
- Verify that Enable advanced configuration for each connection separately is not toggled on.
- Configure the settings as required as explained in the relevant documentation for the adapter.
To configure separate advanced configuration parameters for each connection for an adapter:
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Select the Advanced Configuration tab.
- Toggle on Enable advanced configuration for each connection separately.
- Click Save Config. The Advanced Configuration tab now also appears on the Add Connection dialog.
- Click Add Connection. The Connection Configuration dialog now has 2 tabs.
- Configure the basic Connection Configuration tab.
- Click Advanced Configuration.
Toggle on Enable advanced configuration. The advanced configuration parameters are displayed with the default settings for this adapter.
Configure the required parameters for this connection. If you do not configure specific parameters, the connection uses the default settings for that adapter.
If necessary, set a specific scheduling for this connection. Refer to Adapter Discovery Configuration.
After completing the configuration, select either Save or Save and Fetch.
Note: Once you have configured advanced configuration for a specific adapter connection, if you toggle off the configuration, the system keeps your choices.