Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Controller
- 1 minute to read
The UniFi Controller is a wireless network management software solution for managing multiple wireless networks using a web browser.
The UniFi Controller adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Unifi Controller Domain - The domain of the UniFi controller.
- User Name and Password - Specify the user name and password for a read-only user. A user with 'Read Only' role provides permission to access the data necessary to a given API resource. For more details, see the below section.
- Site - Specify the site name to fetch devices from. 'default' site is used as the default option.
- Verify SSL – Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional) – Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes
Configuring a Read-Only User in Unifi Controller Dashboard
To configure a read-only user for Axonius:
- Open the Unifi Controller dashboard.
- Go to Settings -> Admins -> click Add New Admin.
- For Invite to Controller, select Manually set and store the password.
- Define a name and a password.
- Select Read Only role.
- Provide the user with the following Global Permissions:
- Allow system stats access
- Allow read only access to all sites
- Click Create.
Configuring Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Controller Advanced Settings
To configure the Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Controller adapter advanced settings, open the Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Controller adapter screen, click Advanced Settings, and then click the UniFi Configuration tab:
- UniFi SSID Whitelist (optional, default: empty) - Specify a comma-separated list of UniFi SSID.
- If supplied, all connections for this adapter will only fetch devices whose SSID is any of the comma-separated list of UniFi SSID that have been defined in this field.
- If not supplied, all connections for this adapter will fetch devices that are associated with any SSID.