Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Controller
- 2 minutes to read
The UniFi Controller is a wireless network management software solution for managing multiple wireless networks using a web browser.
- UniFi Controller Domain (required) - The hostname of the UniFi Controller server.
- User Name and Password (required) - Specify the user name and password for a read-only user. A user with 'Read Only' role provides permission to access the data necessary to a given API resource. For more details, see the below section.
- Site (optional, default: default) - Specify the site name to fetch devices from.
- If supplied, Axonius will fetch data from the specified site name.
- If not supplied, Axonius will fetch data from site name 'default'.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the host supplied in UniFi Controller Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If it fails validation, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to UniFi Controller Domain.
- If supplied, Axonius will utilize the proxy when connecting to the host defined for this connection.
- If not supplied, Axonius will connect directly to the host defined for this connection.
- Choose Instance (required, default: 'Master') - The Axonius node to utilize when connecting to UniFi Controller Domain. For more details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
- Connection Label (optional, default: empty) - An optional label to help distinguish between multiple connections for the same adapter. This label will be concatenated to the relevant Adapter Name in the Device/User Profile page and the full text will be visible when hovering over the Adapters column in the Devices/Users pages.
- If supplied, the label will be appended to the adapter name.
- If not supplied, only the adapter name will be displayed.
Configuring a Read-Only User in UniFi Controller Dashboard
To configure a read-only user for Axonius:
- Open the Unifi Controller dashboard.
- Go to Settings -> Admins -> click Add New Admin.
- For Invite to Controller, select Manually set and store the password.
- Define a name and a password.
- Select Read Only role.
- Provide the user with the following Global Permissions:
- Allow system stats access
- Allow read only access to all sites
- Click Create.
Configuring Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Controller Advanced Settings
To configure the Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Controller adapter advanced settings, open the Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Controller adapter screen, click Advanced Settings, and then click the UniFi Configuration tab:
- UniFi SSID whitelist (optional, default: empty) - Specify a comma-separated list of UniFi SSID.
- If supplied, all connections for this adapter will only fetch devices whose SSID is any of the comma-separated list of UniFi SSID that have been defined in this field.
- If not supplied, all connections for this adapter will fetch devices that are associated with any SSID.