Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Controller
- 2 Minutes To Read
The UniFi Controller is a wireless network management software solution for managing multiple wireless networks using a web browser.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- UniFi Controller Domain (required) - The hostname of the UniFi Controller server.
- User Name and Password (required) - Specify the user name and password for a read-only user. A user with 'Read Only' role provides permission to access the data necessary to a given API resource. For more details, see the below section.
- Site (optional, default: default) - Specify the site name to fetch devices from.
- If supplied, Axonius will fetch data from the specified site name.
- If not supplied, Axonius will fetch data from site name 'default'.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the host supplied in UniFi Controller Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If it fails validation, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to UniFi Controller Domain.
- If supplied, Axonius will utilize the proxy when connecting to the host defined for this connection.
- If not supplied, Axonius will connect directly to the host defined for this connection.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
- UniFi SSID whitelist (optional, default: empty) - Specify a comma-separated list of UniFi SSID.
- If supplied, all connections for this adapter will only fetch devices whose SSID is any of the comma-separated list of UniFi SSID that have been defined in this field.
- If not supplied, all connections for this adapter will fetch devices that are associated with any SSID.
For details on general advanced settings under the Adapter Configuration tab, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Configuring a Read-Only User in UniFi Controller Dashboard
To configure a read-only user for Axonius:
- Open the Unifi Controller dashboard.
- Go to Settings -> Admins -> click Add New Admin.
- For Invite to Controller, select Manually set and store the password.
- Define a name and a password.
- Select Read Only role.
- Provide the user with the following Global Permissions:
- Allow system stats access
- Allow read only access to all sites
- Click Create.