Add Asset to Jira Assets Platform
- 2 Minutes To Read
The Add Asset to Jira Assets Platform action takes the saved query supplied as a trigger (or devices that have been selected in the asset table) and creates a new asset or updates an existing asset in Jira Assets Platform for each of the query result entities.
Updating an asset will overwrite its properties with the properties defined in the request object from Axonius.
To configure the Add Asset to Jira Assets Platform action, from the Action Library, click Manage CMDB Computer, and then click Add Asset to Jira Assets Platform.
- Jira Domain (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Atlassian Jira Assets Platform server.
- User Name and API Key (required) - The credentials for a user account that has the Required Permissions to read, add and to update assets.
- Verify SSL (required, default: True) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the host supplied in Jira domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If it fails validation, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the host will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- HTTPS proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to Jira domain.
- If supplied, Axonius will utilize the proxy when connecting to the host defined for this connection.
- If not supplied, Axonius will connect directly to the host defined for this connection.
- Asset type appKey and Asset type originId (required, default: AxoniusEC | axonius-enforcement) - Specify the appKey and the originId of an Asset Type you have created on your JIRA Assets Platform project.
- Assignee account ID (optional, default: empty) - Specify the Atlassian account id for the assignee.
- If supplied, the new/updated asset will be assigned to the specified account.
- If not supplied and Assignee email is not supplied, the new/updated asset will not be assigned.
- Assignee email (optional, default: empty) - Specify the email address for the assignee. The email must be associated with a valid Atlassian account id.
- If supplied and there is an account id associated with this email address, the new/updated asset will be assigned to the specified account.
- If not supplied, or if supplied and there is no account id associated with this email address, the new/updated asset will not be assigned.
If both Assignee account ID and Assignee email are supplied, the action will fail.
Axonius uses the Atlassian Jira Asset Platform - Create or Update Asset API.
To integrate Axonius with Jira, you need to do the following :
Create a user in Atlassian with access to Jira. The user should be part of the most basic group which is jira-software-users.
Log in to Jira using the created user and generate an API token.
For cloud based Atlassian sites, use the following URL to generate an API token: https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens#