- 07 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Red Hat Satellite
- Updated on 07 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Red Hat Satellite is a system management solution used to deploy, configure, and maintain systems across physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Red Hat Satellite/Capsule Domain (required) - The hostname or IP address of the Red Hat Satellite server that Axonius can communicate with via the Required Ports.
- User Name and Password (required) - The credentials for a user account that has Permissions to fetch assets.
- Verify SSL - Select whether to verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Red Hat Satellite/Capsule Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional) - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in Red Hat Satellite/Capsule Domain.
- To learn more about the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From version 4.6, Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Fetch host facts (required, default: true) - Select whether to fetch facts for every host.
- Fetch host packages (required, default: true) - Select whether to fetch installed software for connected devices.
- Fetch host errata - Select whether to fetch errata information (including vulnerable_software and Red Hat Errata information) for connected devices.
- Host chunk size (required, default: 200) - The number of hosts returned every fetch.
- Number of requests to perform in parallel (required, default: 50) - Set the number of requests to perform in parallel.
- Fetch host subscriptions - Select whether to fetch the subscriptions fields from Red Hat Satellite.
- Fetch host collections - Select whether to fetch the host collections fields from Red Hat Satellite.
Axonius uses the Red Hat Satellite API.
Axonius must be able to communicate with the value supplied in Red Hat Satellite/Capsule Domain via the following ports:
- TCP port 443
The value supplied in User Name:
- Must be a local user. Only local users can have API access.
- Must have view_hosts permission.
- Must be assigned the proper organizations and locations.
- If you select
Fetch host facts, view_facts permission is required.
This adapter has only been tested with the versions marked as supported, but may work with other versions. Contact Axonius Support if you have a version that is not listed which is not functioning as expected.
|Red Hat Satellite 6.6 and higher||Yes||API v2|
|Red Hat Satellite 6.8||Yes|