- 22 Mar 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 22 Mar 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
LogRhythm combines SIEM, user and entity behavior analytics, network traffic and behavior analytics, and security automation and orchestration.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- LogRhythm Domain (required) - The hostname of the LogRhythm server. The LogRhythm Domain format is https://[instance]:8501.
- API Token (required) - API Token generated to use the LogRhythm API. For more details, see Generating API Token.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in LogRhythm Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in LogRhythm Domain will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If the SSL certificate can not be validated against the CA database inside of Axonius, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in LogRhythm Domain will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in LogRhythm Domain.
- If supplied, Axonius will utilize the proxy when connecting to the value supplied in LogRhythm Domain.
- If not supplied, Axonius will connect directly to the value supplied in LogRhythm Domain.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters
- Fetch Assets (optional, default: false) - Select to fetch data from the 'agent' endpoint.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Port 8501 must be accessible for Axonius to communicate with the API in LogRhythm Domain.
Generating API Token for LogRhythm API
- Launch the LogRhythm client console.
- Select Deployment Manager > Third Party Applications.
- Create a new third-party application. To do this:
- Click the green plus sign in the Client Console toolbar. The Third Party Application Properties window is displayed.
- Specify the name and description for your application in the appropriate fields.
- Click Apply to generate the token. This will force a quick restart of the authentication server to set up and validate the token. After a few moments, the client ID and client secret will appear.
- Adjust the expiry date as desired to make the token last longer or expire faster. By default, the token expires after 365 days (one year).
- Click Generate Token to create an API token.
- Enter the user name and password of the LogRhythm account that the token should connect with.
- Copy and paste the token into a text file that can be referenced from the PowerShell script.