- 1 minute to read
The Okta adapter fetches information about users through a REST API.
The Okta Adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Okta URL - The domain of the UI Admin panel
- Okta API Key - An API key, created in the admin panel. The adapter doesn’t require username and password.
- Choose Instance - if you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.
Creating an API Token in Okta
To create an API key:
Go to the admin panel and click on API and then on Tokens.
Click Create Token, and choose a token with Okta API type.
On the pop-up, type a new name for the token and click Create Token.
Copy the token value and save it on a secure location (you will need it later on when configuring the adapter).
Configuring Okta Advanced Settings
To configure the Okta adapter advanced settings, open the Okta adapter screen, click Advanced Settings, and then click the Okta Configuration tab:
- Fetch users apps - Check this to collect information on users application from all connections for this adapter.
- Fetch users authentication factors - Check this to collect information on users authentication factors from all connections for this adapter.