- 1 minute to read
Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway in the cloud, including DNS and IP layer enforcement and command and control callback blocking.
Axonius is using the following Cisco Umbrella APIs:
- Umbrella Network Devices API - Allows you to register network devices as identities to the Umbrella dashboard. Once the device is registered as an identity, you can use the API to add and remove the device from configured policies. Once registered, the device is automatically added to the default policy. You can also remove a policy from being applied to a device, with the exception of the default policy, which cannot be removed.
- Umbrella Management API - Enables direct customers, SPs, MSPs, and MSSPs to manage organizations, networks, network devices, users, and roaming computers, and integrate actions in those areas into your workflows.
The Cisco Umbrella adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Cisco Umbrella Domain - The Cisco Umbrella domain used to generate the required API request.
- Network API Key and Network API Secret - The API Key and API Secret for the Umbrella Network Devices API. For details on generating the API Key and the API Secret, see Cisco Umbrella - Network Devices API.
- Management API Key and Management API Secret - The API Key and API Secret for the Umbrella Management API. For details on generating the API Key and the API Secret, see Cisco Umbrella - Management API.
- mspID (optional) - The managed service provider ID. It is required if you are using Cisco Umbrella for MSPs.
- Verify SSL - Choose whether to verify the SSL certificate of the server.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional) - You can configure a proxy specifically to the adapter instead of directly approaching the domain.
- Choose Instance - If you are using multi-nodes, choose the Axonius node that is integrated with the adapter. By default, the 'Master' Axonius node (instance) is used. For details, see Connecting Additional Axonius Nodes.