- 24 Feb 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 24 Feb 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway in the cloud, including DNS and IP layer enforcement and command and control callback blocking.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Cisco Umbrella Domain (required, default: https://management.api.umbrella.com) - The hostname or IP address of the Cisco Umbrella server. When working with the v2 API you need to change the domain value to https://api.umbrella.com.
- Network API Key and Network API Secret (required) - The API Key and API Secret for the Umbrella Network Devices API. For details on generating the API Key and the API Secret, see Cisco Umbrella - Network Devices API.
- Management API Key and Management API Secret (required) - The API Key and API Secret for the Umbrella Management API. For details on generating the API Key and the API Secret, see Cisco Umbrella - Management API.
- mspID (optional, default: empty) - The managed service provider ID. It is required if you are using Cisco Umbrella for MSPs.
- Verify SSL (required, default: False) - Verify the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Cisco Umbrella Domain. For more details, see SSL Trust & CA Settings.
- If enabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Cisco Umbrella Domain will be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius. If the SSL certificate can not be validated against the CA database inside of Axonius, the connection will fail with an error.
- If disabled, the SSL certificate offered by the value supplied in Cisco Umbrella Domain will not be verified against the CA database inside of Axonius.
- HTTPS Proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to the value supplied in Cisco Umbrella Domain.
- If supplied, Axonius will utilize the proxy when connecting to the value supplied in Cisco Umbrella Domain.
- If not supplied, Axonius will connect directly to the value supplied in Cisco Umbrella Domain.
- For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- List the users in the organization - Select this option to fetch a list of users in the organization.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Axonius uses the following Cisco Umbrella APIs:
The following legacy APIs may also be used.
- Umbrella Network Devices API - Allows you to register network devices as identities to the Umbrella dashboard. Once the device is registered as an identity, you can use the API to add and remove the device from configured policies. Once registered, the device is automatically added to the default policy. You can also remove a policy from being applied to a device, with the exception of the default policy, which cannot be removed.
- Umbrella Management API - Enables direct customers, SPs, MSPs, and MSSPs to manage organizations, networks, network devices, users, and roaming computers, and integrate actions in those areas into your workflows.