- 16 Jun 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 16 Jun 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Duo Beyond identifies corporate vs. personal devices, blocks untrusted devices, and give users secure access to internal applications.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
- Duo Admin API Host (required) - The API hostname of the Duo Beyond. To get your API hostname, see the section below. This field value format is: '[instance].duosecurity.com'.
- Integration key and Secret key (required) - Specify the integration key and the secret key for your Admin API access. For details, see the section below.
- HTTPS proxy (optional, default: empty) - A proxy to use when connecting to the Duo Admin API Host.
- To learn more about common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From version 4.6 Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters
- Fetch endpoints (required, default: false) - Select whether to fetch endpoints.
- Fetch admin user details (required, default: true) - Clear option to not fetch admin user details.
- User field exclusion list (optional) - Enter a comma separated list of field names from the advanced view of the Duo Beyond user adapter that will be removed from new devices in subsequent discovery cycles from both the basic and advanced views, enabling you to exclude specific fields from being fetched. If this field is empty all fields are fetched.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
Axonius uses the Users endpoint of the Duo Admin API.
Grant Access to Duo Admin API
Note that only administrators with the Owner role may contact Duo Support to request access to the Admin API application, or can create or modify an Admin API application in the Duo Admin Panel.
- Sign up for a Duo account.
- Contact Duo Support to request Admin API access.
- Log in to the Duo Admin Panel and navigate to Applications.
- Click Protect an Application and locate Admin API in the applications list. Click Protect this Application to get your integration key, secret key, and API hostname.
- Grant you Admin API application the with the following permission:
- Grant read resource - required to fetch basic information from Duo Beyond.
- Grant administrators - required to fetch Duo Beyond administrators, and details about their hardware tokens (serial number, etc).
For more details, see Duo Admin API.