- 04 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
BeyondTrust Remote Support (Bomgar)
- Updated on 04 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The BeyondTrust Remote Support adapter (formerly Bomgar) allows support technicians to remotely connect to end-user systems through firewalls from their computer or mobile devices.
The BeyondTrust Remote Support adapter uses the reporting API to get the Archives listing for the past 7 days (archives are saved up to 7 days). BeyondTrust returns all devices that have had a session initiated with them.
Types of Assets Fetched
This adapter fetches the following types of assets:
Domain (required) - The hostname or IP address of the BeyondTrust Remote Support server.
Client ID and Client Secret (required) - Oauth client ID and client secret associated with a user account that has the Required Permissions to fetch assets.
HTTPS Proxy (optional) - Connect the adapter to a proxy instead of directly connecting it to the domain.
HTTPS Proxy User Name (optional) - The user name to use when connecting to the value supplied in Domain via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
HTTPS Proxy Password (optional) - The password to use when connecting to the value supplied in Domain via the value supplied in HTTPS Proxy.
For details on the common adapter connection parameters and buttons, see Adding a New Adapter Connection.
From Version 4.6, Advanced settings can either apply for all connections for this adapter, or you can set different advanced settings and/or different scheduling for a specific connection, refer to Advanced Configuration for Adapters.
- Maximum days of history to fetch (optional, default: 7) - Enter the maximum days of history to fetch clients.
To learn more about Adapter Configuration tab advanced settings, see Adapter Advanced Settings.
The values supplied in Client ID and Client Secret must be associated with a user account have read access to devices.
To create an API account and connect the BeyondTrust Adapter
- Go To https://your-bomgar-domain.com/login and login using your username and password.
- Select Management > API Configuration.
- Make sure Enable XML API and Enable Archive API are selected.
- Click Create New API Account. The Account Settings page opens.
- In Name parameter, enter a name (for example: 'Axonius System').
- In the Permissions section under Command API, select Read-Onlyor Full Access.
- Under Reporting API, select Allow Access to Archive Reports.
- For the credentials for the BeyondTrust Adapter's scheme use:
a. Domain name
b. OAuth Client ID (listed under the current page)
c. OAuth Client Secret (listed under the current page, and will be visible only once - can be regenerated using the 'Generate New Client Secret' on the same page after saving the changes).
- Click Save Changes and use the credentials provided (Domain name, Client ID, Client Secret) in the Axonius adapter configuration.