BeyondTrust Remote Support (Bomgar)
- 1 minute to read
The BeyondTrust Remote Support adapter (formerly Bomgar) allows support technicians to remotely connect to end-user systems through firewalls from their computer or mobile devices.
The BeyondTrust Remote Support adapter uses the reporting API to get the Archives listing for the past 7 days (archives are saved up to 7 days). BeyondTrust returns all devices that have had a session initiated with them.
BeyondTrust Remote Support adapter connection requires the following parameters:
- Domain – BeyondTrust domain URL (e.g. :https://your_bomgar_domain.com)
- Client ID – Oauth client ID of the API account generated in the BeyondTrust admin panel
- Client Secret - Oauth client secret of the API account generated in the BeyondTrust admin panel
To create an API account and connect the BeyondTrust Adapter, use the following steps:
- Go To https://your-bomgar-domain.com/login and login using your username and password.
- Go to Management and under it, API Configuration.
- Make sure 'Enable XML API' and 'Enable Archive API' are checked
- Click the 'Create New API Account'
- Choose a name (e.g: 'Axonius System')
- Select 'Read-Only' (or 'Full') under Command API Permissions.
- Select 'Allow Access to Archive Reports
- For the credentials for the BeyondTrust Adapter's scheme use:
a. Domain name
b. OAuth Client ID (listed under the current page)
c. OAuth Client Secret (listed under the current page, and will be visible only once - can be regenerated using the 'Generate New Client Secret' on the same page after saving the changes).
- Click 'Save Changes' and use the credentials provided (Domain name, Client ID, Client Secret) in the Axonius adapter configuration
Fill all required fields in the adapter configuration, click save and the BeyondTrust Remote Support adapter is configured.